Monday, April 28, 2008

Fearsome Fours

This is a picture of Mariah when she was 2. She was sweet, but they don't call it "terrible two's" for nothing. Then she turned 3 and it was a really good year. She really learned how to communicate what she wanted so the tantrums were a thing of the past. Now she is 4. I don't know if it's because she's kid #6 or if I have just forgotten how stubborn kids get at this age. She knows what she wants and she thinks all she has to do is yell and throw a fit and everyone will give in. The problem is....everyone does give in! Timeouts are becoming more frequent and I'm seeing many more tears. I decided she needs more hugs and more laptime. We'll get through it!

Good things:
Turning 5 (in only 11 more months!)
Knowing what you want (now we just need to teach her the right way to get it!)
She's not twins!

5 comments:

Carissa J said...

LOL!!! I love that picture. It's one of my favorites! And grateful "she's not twins"! LOL!!! I miss Mars! I hope I get to see you guys this weekend!

The Ridings said...

My children NEVER had the terrible twos! Each was different but none when they were two. In fact Livvie was the 1st 18 months when most babies are wonderful. She will get over it most of them do.

This is Us! said...

Funny post,what a cute girl! I can't even remember that far back and my girl is only 5!

Genelle said...

Sorry! I could've sworn I left a comment on this. Apparantly not.
That darn Mars! Let's hope she doesn't become too bratty, or that cute face may become ugly. (Well, actually, that's like impossible.)
I can't wait to see her and everyone else when I come up to see you this weekend. That sassy punk better behave! *****

Jenny-ology said...

That is hilarious- 'she's not twins'. Five was always a good year with my girls!