Sunday, August 22, 2010

Extreme Makeover in Pocatello


The past few years I have had the great privilege of knowing a woman named Jane Marshall.


She has 9 children that all play string instruments.


I have taught Liz, Izzy and Kate at string camp and my daughters know Sophie and Ruth Anne from orchestra. My husband has also taught several of the kids in seminary.


They are an incredible family.


When Jane had her last babies - (twins Izzy and Kate), her husband decided he didn't want to be married to her any more and he didn't want to be a dad any more. So he left her with 9 children to care for on her own.


They've been living in an old-broken down home for many years.



A couple of years ago she almost died of breast cancer. She had gone to the courts to sign custody papers over to her sister to raise her children.



During string camp last year the doctors said the cancer was in remission so she was able to take her children and unsign the papers. It was a very special day. Izzy was really worried about missing the first class at string camp but I told her what she was doing was much more important - she is adorable!!
I loved seeing Jane this year with hair and eye lashes. It made me so happy!

Jane is one of the kindest, most gentle and just good women I have ever known. Her kids are so impressive! Jane has made every sacrifice possible to give her children a good life.


Recently Jane's house burned down because of a faulty dryer vent. When I heard about it I just couldn't believe there could be any more trials for this family. The kids were all staying in different places, some in a motor home and some in a one-bedroom cottage.



Noone is more deserving to be chosen for Extreme Makeover: home edition.


Jane and her amazing family are in Key West right now while people work all day and all night to build her a new, beautiful home!!

It's a big exciting thing here in Pocatello. I keep hearing of people seeing Ty Pennington, and apparently even Taylor Lautner was here. ?????


Akayla and Corina got to go over to the house site with their friends and help with some clean up, and they watched the builders for awhile. It's only been a few days and already the house is looking like a house.


I can't wait to watch it when it airs.



I especially can't wait to see Jane's face when she sees her new home!!!



good things:
good things happening to good people
people who inspire me
celebrities in Poky Idaho
Align Left

5 comments:

Aceneth Warner said...

wow, what a story, she sounds like all good things need to go her way and it sounds like they are. Please let us know when the show will air. I don't want to miss it!!

Marley Family said...

Thats so awesome that you know them! It sounds like they really need this house! How exciting to watch your friends be so blessed;D

The Youngs said...

It is great to hear that they do find very deserving families to help out. I am glad your friend Jane and her kids will receive this much needed blessing.

Erin said...

That is so awesome. I hope that everything works out for her and her children. There's nothing better than hearing of someone so wonderful getting something back.

Kaylyn said...

What a special experience for your family. That is neat that you know them personally. I am so glad that the Lord is watching out for her and her children. It sounds like she deserves it. If you find out when that airs will you please post it on your blog. Or send me a message on my email or facebook. I would love to watch that episode!