- sitting around the campfire
- not having to bathe kids or do anyone's hair
- nature walks
- camping food
- being with my family
- excited kids
Things I do not like about camping:
- dirty children
- sleeping in a tent
- dirty hair
- cooking over a fire
- dirt everywhere
- skunks (yes 5 of them in our campsite)
- bad sleep
- crying kids because they are afraid of the skunks
- dirty fingernails
- all the work that it takes to set up and take down camp
- the bazillions of dirty loads of laundry I have to wash when we get home
We planned on going for 2 nights but because of the skunks eating outside our tent ALL NIGHT we cut it short a night.
We are really not camping people.
Actually, we really like the outdoors.
We are just becoming big WIMPS!!
That's another reason we are saving for a motor home for next summer!
Then we can camp in style (and take a shower!), and we can also travel all the way to Illinois to visit Dave's family.
Maybe next summer we'll try camping again!
taking a shower
finally getting the hundreds of dirty blankets and clothes washed (just in time for everyone to start puking all over the blankets so I can start it again!)