Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spotlight on Adriana 2007

Adriana Dorotea Ferrara
age 7 (almost 8)
Stuff about me:
  • Birthday April 20, 2000 -- I will be 8 this year and I can't wait to get baptized and get my ears pierced!!
  • Favorite colors: Blue, pink and yellow
  • Favorite food: Baked ziti and spaghetti pie
  • Least favorite food: Macaroni and cheese (yuck!)
  • Favorite movie: High School Musical
  • Favorite tv show: Hannah Montana
  • Favorite song: I love scripture scouts and all kinds of other music. I love to sing! I always listen to music in my room while I try to go to sleep.
  • Favorite things to do: Barbies, dress-ups, playing with my sisters, helping Elli, cooking, playing spy with Tanner, friends, play violin and piano, play with my stuffed animals especially my build-a-bear from my birthday, scrapbooking and art projects.
  • Least favorite things: When my sisters mess up my room. AAAHHHHH! It makes me want to scream!
  • Favorite scripture story: I like them all. I love to read the scriptures.
  • Secret crush: The bishop's son. He's so cute!!

I love to play the violin! It's my best instrument, but I also like piano. Adriana is good about practicing every day and she is getting very good at both instruments. She got to play the violin with mom, Akayla and Corina in the stake music fireside. She did a beautiful job! She is looking forward to playing in her first National Federation festival for a judge. She has all four of her songs already memorized and it's over a month away.

I totally love my aunts and uncles. Genelle is so nice to me! December Adriana got her own camera from grandma and a scrapbook with tons of cute things to put on it from mom and dad! She loves to scrapbook with mom. It's our thing. She is very artistic and loves making seasonal decorations for her room like this nativity scene. Sometimes we'll go into her room thinking the girls are sleeping and she'll still be up making something at her desk.


December Adriana has loved to sing since she was little. When she was about 6 months old she would do this chant thing for hours and she continued it until she was about 5. It was quite funny and very monotone. Now she has a beautiful voice and enjoys singing in the ISU children's choir. She was asked to sing a solo for the ward primary program and did a very nice job.
October Adriana wore an old clogging costume for halloween but added a few things to be a maid. She actually used her "props" to help clean up around the house. She is actually a very helpful girl who enjoys cleaning and having things clean.
October Adriana's pumpkin that she designed herself. Daddy carved it for her. She wanted the more traditional look.
September Adriana started 2nd grade. She still homeschools and is learning so much. After Tanner (he was a very tough kid to homeschool) it is quite a joy to have two eager learners in our school. Adriana loves to read and never gives me any trouble getting all and more of her schoolwork done every day. She tests very high and we are pleased with her progress. She will start school at the Academy probably in 4th grade like Tanner did.
4th of July
May Adriana competed in a gymnastics meet and received a gold medal. Gymnastics is just for fun. Her real love is clogging, but it's a good excercise and since she is home all day she has a little extra time to do lots of enrichment activities.
May Clogging Nationals. Adriana's team won 1st place for their age group. Aren't they so cute in their pink "pleather" jackets?!! Adri has made lots of great friends on her team and has a lot of fun going to her clogging class and all the competitions.
April Akayla and Adriana's birthdays are 2 days apart. We usually have a separate party for both of them but this year we had to combine the party because we were going to Utah on Adriana's birthday (We had the baby in Utah so we had to take weekends and have appointments -- an excuse to see grandma & bumpa and the fam). These two girls have very similar personalities and many similar interests. I think one day they will be very close. When they are older 5 years will hardly be any space at all!
April Adriana has a very adventurous spirit. She has no fear at all. When she was 2 years old I would find her on top of the fridge. She would climb up to the sink and turn the water on to give herself a little bath. She's always had such an independent personality. Whenever we go somewhere the other kids will hang around with us for a bit until they feel comfortable but Adri will go right ahead and get in line for food or go introduce herself to someone new. She loves to go around and shake the older ladies hands on Sunday to tell them hello. She says she wants to be a missionary someday. I think she would be a great missionary because everyone would want to know why she is so happy and has such a light inside of her.
March Yellowstone cabin. Adriana loves to be a helper. Everyone else was playing games and exploring outside, but Adriana stayed to help me make dinner. She loves making veggie trays and making them look splendid! She loves to make her own snacks which are usually vegetables cut up on a little tray with dip on the side. She loves going out to the garden to get a green pepper that she eats like an apple. Such a healthy girl! No wonder she's so thin!!














Homeschool skate. Adriana looks forward to this all month. She has always gotten roller blades and she gets right out there. She used to fall every few feet but now she's really good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or do Adri and I look alike? Just kidding. Well, it looks like she's becoming a very talented clogger,
violinist, and... baby carrot cutter! I love you Adri! Looking forward to seeing you again.