Monday, January 21, 2008

Spotlight on Corina 2007

Corina Linda Ferrara
age 11

Some things about me:

  • Born July 31, 1996
  • Favorite color: Blue
  • Favorite food: Spaghetti with no meat
  • Favorite dessert: Apple pie with ice cream and sundaes
  • Best friends: Rachel Hurst (they are always together!) and Akayla
  • Favorite scripture story: Captain Moroni, because it's cool!
  • Favorite tv shows: Hannah Montana
  • Favorite movie: The Phantom of the Opera
  • Favorite music: LOTS! The Phantom of the Opera is my most favorite though!
  • Things I love: gymnastics (she loves doing back handsprings on the tramp), reading, my MP3 player, organizing my room, playing piano (especially making up songs) and cello, hang-down earrings, teasing boys, go to the mall (but my parents won't let me), eating chocolate, hanging out with friends, and torturing my siblings.
  • Favorite books to read: Any fantasy book I can get my hands on. I'll read the other kinds but they are my favorite. I've read almost every book on my mom's huge bookshelf plus tons of books I've gotten at the library.
  • Secret crush: So many boys, so little time! There are lots of cute boys at school, but there's one that she really likes. I won't say his name, but he's a very nice boy. December Corina got mostly clothes for Christmas this year, but she also got a hair straightener and a scrapbook. She's very artistic and has done some pages before that are beautiful! October Corina was a few things this year. She was a hippie (Akayla's old costume) at the school Halloween party, but after seeing one of the boys in her class dressed as a hippie she decided to be a spy to go trick-or-treating. She doesn't like any attention brought on herself so she was pretty embarrassed that everyone else noticed they were the same. April Our favorite rock park with some friends from New Plymouth. Corina actually gets along really well with boys and has a lot of fun with them. They all like to tease her because she blushes and giggles. I've heard of about 5 boys that have a big crush on her in her class and in primary. They don't seem to be embarrassed to let her know how much they like her. I think she secretly loves it!
November Our Disneyland trip was a blast! Akayla and Genelle were paired up quite a bit, so Corina and I got to do a lot together! She has such a fun personality and the cutest laugh! I enjoyed having the time to talk to her and have no other worries!
October Corina has been growing her hair out for a couple of years. Most of the time she wears it back because it bugs her, but she let me take a picture of her after she had blown it dry. She's so lucky to have such a beautiful color of hair! People are always trying to get her color, but it doesn't come out of a bottle! She's starting to look so grown up! It's tough having a sister only a year older who gets to do everything first. Corina is pretty anxious to wear makeup and go to YW. She's getting really close! It's amazing that our chubby little baby has grown so tall and thin. She's such a pretty girl!
October We went to a cute little corn maze during school one day. The pink ropes are supposed to be the boundaries telling you where you are supposed to stay. This picture is very fitting for Corina. She has her own way of doing things and doesn't like to be told to do things differently. She often wants to do it the quicker and easier way. She soon realized though that it was easier to stay on the path than head off on your own and get lost in the dry corn field!
September Corina is such a sweet big sister. Elli was crying and Corina was trying to practice, so she just picked her up and continued on. She loves babies and is so good with the little girls. She's learning to be a great babysitter. She's had a lot of chances to babysit for other families lately, and they all have loved her!
August Hogle Zoo with the fam!
July 11th birthday. Corina has decided she doesn't like cute cakes anymore. For the past couple of years Corina has chosen cheesecake for her birthday (just like her mom!). This was a chocolate cheesecake that was so yummy!
July Notice the matching earrings and bracelet. Corina loves accessories, but I would never call her a girly-girl. She is adventurous and crazy, and she doesn't act like the typical ninny girls with her friends. She has a few close friends, but doesn't enjoy being in a big group.

April Corina is an extremely talented musician. She excels in piano and cello. She has received the highest rating at the National Federation Festivals for 6 years in a row. She has a new cello teacher from BYU-Idaho that she loves! She got to go to the Suzuki String Institute over the summer and learned a lot. She didn't love being away from home though, so she probably won't go again. She feels the most comfortable with her family in her own comfort zone. She has an amazing memory and can figure out how to play any song on the piano. This year I had all my students play in quartets (string and piano) and Corina played in all the string quartets. It was so fun to play with her especially since it really sounds good!
March Corina was honored as the Citizen of the Month. This is a big honor at the Academy. Corina is a very good student. The one chosen gets to go out to lunch with the principal. She has always been very bright, and she gets straight A's easily. She loves being organized and while some like to procrastinate she does the opposite and gets a week ahead in her homework. She is always reading and usually has several books going at once because there are so many great books out there she can't choose just one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corina, Corina, Corina!
My goodness gracious, you're turning into quite an amazing person. I'm sorry about that one pic, with my little "bandana" I guess you could say. It must have been embarassing sitting by me. Sorry.

It certainly sounds like you're getting very talented on your cello! Crap, I better kick it up a knotch.

I like the picture of you at the zoo, it looks like you were lobotomized or something! Maybe I should've got you a lobster bib to catch the drool. (Totally kidding!)

Well, I love you to death and can't wait till your/my next vist.