Tuesday, February 12, 2008

D.A.R.E. Graduation



In 6th grade all kids in the U.S. get to go through a drug education program called D.A.R.E. It's
really great for the kids to learn how BAD drugs are and to reinforce the things parents teach them. Today was graduation for Corina's class. They each had to write an essay and two kids would get chosen by the city of Pocatello to read theirs. Corina and another kid (pictured above -- the boy with blonde hair. They are standing with their teacher and the principal) were chosen so they got to read their essays at the graduation. They each got a medal and a special certificate from the police officer in charge. Corina was very nervous to read in front of everybody but she did a great job! She has some really cute friends from her class that we love! Way to go 6th grade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that! What a day for me that was. I never felt more proud in my life than to walk up and be handed my DARE certificate, shake the officer's hand, and the principal's hand, while Mom is in the back dabbing at her eyes....
I don't know why they have to make it so formal.