Monday, February 18, 2008

Tax Return Party

Anyone remember this movie? We had a family party this weekend to celebrate getting our tax returns! HOORAY! We got pizza at Papa Murphy's and bought this movie at Wal-Mart for $5 then we all settled into our comfy chairs in our theater room. I wish I could get a good picture of our awesome theater room. We have a 6 foot high screen on the wall and the whole room is decorated like an old theater. We even have black and white pictures of some of our favorite actors and actresses (Audrey Hepburn, Carey Grant, Humphrey Bogart etc.) and for a special touch we have long red curtains. We have a great sound system and a comfy couch so you can put your feet up. We like it better than the real theater (unless there's a new movie out!!).




It was so fun to watch The Karate Kid, not only because it is an inspirational story, but remembering the 80's with our kids was pretty funny too! They all laughed at the funny hair styles and clothes. Did we really dress like that? Some of it has come back (unbelievable)....but hopefully some of those trends will stay buried for a long time! I'll die if I see my girls trying to spray their big bangs up to the sky! Not the most attractive era in my opinion!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great theater room! We love our Friday night Family movie nights too!

Anonymous said...

Ralph Macchio... good actor.
Do you remember when they're in Japan, and it does "Glory of Love?" One of the better moments of the show. I wish I could've been there to celebrate with you.