Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Utah visit






We went to Utah this weekend to give my mom a surprise party. I planned this party for over a month, and then when the time actually came I forgot to take any pictures of it! (Typical!) It was a wonderful party! My mom couldn't have been more surprised! She was born in 1954 and turned 54, so we did a 50's party. We all dressed up in poodle skirts and rolled up jeans and we decorated my mom's house like an old Malt Shop. It all turned out so great....I couldn't have been happier! I had also gotten a whole bunch of old friends, YW leaders, family, new friends, etc. to write my mom letters. I think my mom felt really special. She deserved it! She is such an amazing person and we have all been blessed by her in so many ways. It was fun to spend the weekend. The kids loved playing in the hot tub with bumpa and spending time with their cousins. It's crazy that our oldest cousin is Mariah's age (on my side of the family). Amora and Aleksia are Brandon's kids. Dave and I got to go over to Brandon and Ayrials house and play games for a little bit. It was really fun hanging out with them! Mariah and Amora (or Mawiah and Amowa as they call each other) are best friends. They used to fight a lot, but they played so well this time and were soooooo cute together! We are so glad to finally be getting some cousins. WE'D LOVE SOME MORE FROM THE REST OF THE FAMILY (hint, hint!)

4 comments:

Tamara said...

What a fun birthday party idea - I'm sure your mom LOVED the surprise! Don't you love it when you forget to take pictures - but you were able to make some wonderful memories though!

Anonymous said...

Oh Utah, we love you!

Carissa J said...

What? No pictures of me????? Lol. Just kidding, I duck and cover whenever I see a camera!

Carissa J said...

Oh... And the party was awesome! You need to get some pictures of the party from dad!