Monday, March 10, 2008

Changes for Elli

I came home from the Idaho State Music Festival on Saturday (I'll write more about that later) to a little bald Elli. Dave and I had talked about shaving her hair all off for awhile but I was too afraid to really do it. I had heard that Chinese people shave their babies hair so that it will grow in thicker and better and since Elli has had such fuzzy and unmanageable hair for some time we thought we would do an experiment. I laughed so hard I thought I'd wet my pants. In fact I still laugh at her when I see her, but I am getting used to it. She actually looks cuter with bows in her hair now than before and it shows her pretty eyes so well. I don't think she liked us laughing at her very much.
We also set up her crib finally. That doesn't mean she has actually slept in it yet. She sleeps in a rocking cradle by my bed, and all of my babies stay there until they can endanger themselves by standing. Elli is able to get herself to sitting but not quite standing. She's getting so close now that I know I have to prepare myself to move her out. She will be in Tanner's room for awhile. He's excited to take care of her in the middle of the night if she wakes up (He obviously has never had to do that yet!).

The biggest news: She can crawl now! She started out trying to crawl like Adriana and Mariah did (on their bottoms scooting with their hands - it was so weird!), but she's crawling on hands on knees now. I think the other two crawled differently because they learned to crawl on our hardwood floor that was also in the living room. Hooray! She is now a little menace getting into everything and getting herself all around!


Good things:
A husband who dares to do what I only talk about doing
A good hearty laugh
A baby who is healthy

4 comments:

julie said...

is this a new form of child abuse? Now I have two bald granddaughters because you and Ayrial talked about shaving some heads! Okay, I think they're both darling no matter what. I guess I'll be doing the head rub like I used to do with Foster when he had a crewcut. Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Ang, what have you done?!? I thought she was starting to grow out of her elfish looks, but now, there's just no use of her ever changing.

Anonymous said...

HA HA. Just kidding. Sorry, That sounded a little harsh. She can actually pull it off. There are some babies in my ward that have a very large cranium or big ears, and with baldness, it just emphasizes their defaults. Sorry, that was mean. What I'm trying to say, is.. she looks cute no matter what!

Carissa J said...

I love it! I hope it works...