Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Two of my helpers!

People are always asking how I "get it all done". First, I have to say....I don't. I sure try (hee hee!), but I've learned that it's impossible to finish everything I want to in a day and there's always tomorrow (of course the list grows longer every day, but at least I'm trying). I just thought I'd share with you a couple of my favorite helpers.Dave bought me a super capacity front-loading washing machine and dryer last year when ours finally died after 13 years and many many repairs. These are a lifesaver in our home! I still have to do way too many loads of laundry to count, but I have to admit laundry is not quite as horrible a chore with my new toys.
I homeschool two of my kids all morning long (while trying to get laundry and housework done in between of course), then after I pick the other kids up from school and drop them off at their various activities I teach piano/violin/viola lessons every afternoon except Friday. I LLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE my crock pots best of all. (This is actually the picture that came with the crock pots....mine aren't pretty any more. Well loved!) I use at least one of them every day, and I even use them overnight sometimes so we have a delicious breakfast to wake up to. I have some amazing and healthy recipes (if you want any I'd be happy to share) that are kid-tested and approved by the Ferrara family. All I have to do is dump a bunch of ingredients and when lessons are done we have dinner ready! It sure makes my evenings run smoother.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Aren't you thankful for modern appliances? Beautiful washer/dryer set - you deserve it. I can't imagine doing laundry for 9!!!
Love that crockpot too, my favorite way to cook a Sunday meal. I'll have to get some of your yummy recipes. :o)

Lisa said...

Wow, I was just thinking that I needed some more crock pot recipes since my after school time is kind of crazy. I would love a few of your favorite recipes... PLEASE!!!!! (As if you have time to type in some recipes!)
I've had those washer/dryers for 6 years now... couldn't imagine laundry without them. Still LOVE them. Mine are white!

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you didn't Blog so much, you'd get done with more things!!!
Just kidding.

I'm sure you've
cooked/washed several wonderful items in your Indesit washer and dryer/state of the art crockpot. You'll have to make me/wash something very nice next time I visit.

P.S. Did any of that make sense?
I'm still gonna post it, but you can delete if you want.

Jenny-ology said...

Wow, you home school AND teach 3 different instruments???
You amaze me!

Jenny-ology said...

and I forgot that I want some recipes too!