Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Favorite Things

I have a weakness.....I watch Oprah. I DVR her show every day and on the weekends I go through all of them. If it's not something I'm interested in I delete it, but I love when Dr. Oz and Suze Orman are on. One of the best shows she does is her favorite things. She picks a bunch of favorites for the year and everyone in the audience gets to have one. Last year they all got a new fridge and all kinds of other things. So, I thought it would be fun to pick a few of my favorite things that I would love to give all of you.........not that you'll really get anything, but if I was as rich as Oprah I would send them to you!
1. I'm a sucker for yummy smells. I buy dish soap, laundry soap, shampoo, etc. by the way they smell. These are my favorite ways to make my house smell amazing!
Scentsy wickless candles are so fun. They have all kinds of yummy waxes. My mom got me one for my birthday this year, and we have really been enjoying it. We had a little fire from a candle a few years ago and since that time my hubby doesn't want them in our house, so this is a way I can still enjoy the smell without the flame.
I also love wallflowers from Bed, Bath & Beyond. My favorite scent is vanilla coconut. It is heavenly!

2. My favorite scrapbooking tool is my cricut. I bought it 1/2 off after Christmas last year and have been LOVING it! I love that I can cut vinyl letters as well as paper. We've done a lot of fun projects with it already.

3. I already mentioned how much I love my crock pots. I have an older style that you can turn to high, low or off. My newer one I can set to a specific temperature and I can set the time. As soon as the time is up it switches to warm. I have put my ingredients in at night several times so that we wake up to a warm breakfast.

4. I don't have a picture of it, but another favorite is my DVR. I love that I can set it to record my favorite shows and I can watch them at my convenience (usually while I fold laundry) and fast forward any commercials.
5. Another favorite is my Greg Olsen picture. It reminds me so much of Akayla and Mariah a couple years ago. A man in our ward knew I loved this picture and he has a framing business. He framed a 24 x 36 size picture for me, and it is the most beautiful framing job I've ever seen of that picture. He offered it to me on a huge discount. I saved up my piano lesson money to pay for it and I still feel happy every time I see it.


I could keep going. There are so many great things I'd love to share, but I have to stop somewhere! Now I tag anyone who reads my blog.
Share with me 5 of your favorite things!

12 comments:

This is Us! said...

What a fun post!! I love just about all of those things too:-) BTW, this is Evelyn, Clay's wife. I saw your comment on our blog, and came to yours. Too funny, I know Brandon and Carissa from my "pre-adult" days!

This is Us! said...

oops, 5 of my favorite things are:
1. My TiVo
2. Our wii
3. My ipod
4. Our family home evening wall hanging
5. Our trampoline!

JAMIE said...

First of all, I love the pics you put...wow, everyone has grown so much I wouldn't know if you didn't put their names (especially Genelle)...
I wish you were Oprah too and could share your fav...
I am with you on the crock pot. Best invention ever and if you have any crock pot recipes I would love it, I have mastered only 3, still learning you know.

I think the computer and blogging are among my favorites.
Also, Andy's little jumperoo" toy. I think every baby needs it.
Our portable dishwasher is the only way I get dishes done.
Also, our DDR. For the longest time that was my mode of exercise. Love it

JAMIE said...

ps..you seem to have forgotten Dallin and Foster--they might feel left out, plus I want to see what they look like.

Also, I forgot to mention my digital camera (we all love those) and our webcam. Best ways to keep family updated when so far apart.

Ang said...

Hey Jamie! I'm working on more pictures. You wouldn't believe how tall Dallin and Foster are now (Foster has size 14 shoes!). I'll get them as quick as I can so you can see them!

jenjen said...

Ang-I rarely get a chance to check out blogs...but when I do I love to check out yours! So many fun things! I also love all those things as well and I can't wait to try a few of your crock pot meals...Let's go see Oprah together sometime (only the favorite things show of course)-Jen Mix

The Ridings said...

Very cute! I posted my favorites on my blog.

This is Us! said...

Absolutely Ang! You're more than welcome to put our blog link on. I can put your link on our blog too, if you'd like...you might know some of the people who check it. Jacob Schmidt went to West Jordan high the same years and he checks our blog!

Take care, and tell Brandon and Carissa hi!

Genelle said...

Geez, Ang, I'm embarassed! I'm the 9th comment!!!! It's inexcusable to leave a belated comment, but here it is! Mom would've shot me yesterday if I hadn't gotten off the computer, so I'm sorry.
Anyway, I think you should delete that picture of me with the purple glasses, or at least crop me out!

I love all your favorite things! You should add that song to your playlist! Just kidding.
It's no wonder we're sisters, I feel the same way about all that stuff, too.
You may not be as rich as Oprah now... but you never know, someday you could make millions on...Ang's Blog buisness or something.
Here's a few of my favorite things:
1. Inspirational messages such as "We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all"
or "As for me and my house, we will serve the lord"
2. Ang's blog
3. Dr. Pepper (I'm an addict, it's terrible)
4. The Biggest Loser (I guess that goes along with TiVo)
5. The Legend of Zelda (Don't ask.)

JAMIE said...

I really can't handle that, Foster was just a little tiny kid last time....I swear!

This is Us! said...

Hi Ang, and family. It was neat to see the pictures of your family. You have a beautiful family. Did you know that Dave's family envited me over for dinner on my mission? Small world! It is amazing how grown your kids are as well. It is good to see your beaufiful family.
Clay

Jenny-ology said...

That is one cool crock pot with a temp setting and a timer!
for me:
1. my laptop
2. my DVR
3. my new camera
4. my clear play dvd- filters out the bad stuff
5. digital scrapbooking templates (to create quick pages, but you can customize with any papers etc).