Thursday, May 1, 2008

American Girl Party

It wasn't Adri's year for a birthday party, but since we had just finished the Felicity (American Girls) books together and Felicity's birthday is the day after Adriana's, AND because some of her friends also enjoy the American Girls books we decided to have a little colonial birthday party. They were each sent a very formal invitation and told to wear their best dresses. The four girls we invited are so cute (those who know Heidi - her little girl is the dark haired cutie on the right side), and they were so excited! When they first came they each made a fan and a little Betsy Ross hat (I really wanted to do straw hats but I couldn't find them anywhere!) that they stitched themselves. Then we had a fancy tea (hot chocolate) party with tea cakes, little tarts, little sandwiches, and fruit kabobs. I had even found little white kid gloves on clearance from Easter for each girl to wear. They loved acting all proper and speaking with English accents. I knew it was time to move on when the lovely little ladies started burping and acting really silly! We finished by watching the Felicity movie in our theater room. It was a fun little party! I wish I had gotten some better pictures, but the crafts ended up being a little difficult so Akayla, Corina and I were crazily helping each girl finish their fans and hats.
Akayla has a Felicity doll and a horse.....you can see the back end on my piano. That's what Adriana wants for Christmas. I wonder if she'll get it! (*Wink*) This is Adriana's "best" friend, Abby.
Good Things:
Hot chocolate with whipped cream
Two helpful older daughters
Turning on a movie when things get too crazy
Sitting down and putting your feet up when it's all over

5 comments:

JAMIE said...

holy cow...that is the cutest thing ever. You need to help me with these cute little ideas. I never would have even thought of that. I bet they will remember that forever

The Ridings said...

How cute! One year for Shaelees birthday we did a beauty parlor at the time I was serving in YW so I had some of the girls come and help. We had stations Nails, Hair, Pedicures, Etc. It was fun watching them act so grown up they were only 8 at the time.

Genelle said...

Adri- I wish I could've been there! That sounds so fun! You know, it's great that you have a mom and dad that are so cultured! They know how to have a good time without noise and violence. Happy Birthday again!

Ang- Great stuff. Adri has a lot of cute friends. Next time there's a party, I'm coming.... even if I have to walk in the rain, snow, or heat!
P.S. How could you make Adri wait till Christmas to get a Felicity doll? By then she won't even want one anymore! GOSH. Just kidding.

Carissa J said...

That is such a cute idea, Ang. You are so creative. I don't think I've ever read any of those American Girl books. Kinda weird considering how much I love childrens literature. Maybe I should read one... Which one do you recommend?

Ayrial Johnson said...

It looks like the girls has a blast! What a great idea. I've been wanting to have a tea party for amora and her friends. The problem is there's really aren't any girls around her age. I think I might do a prince, and princess party, and have everyone dress up.