Monday, May 5, 2008

Adriana's special day

Adri's best friend gave her a rose and she wanted to take pictures with it.


Adriana chose to be baptized on Saturday. Grandma & Bumpa Johnson were able to drive up from Utah with Genelle, Evan and Erin (Evan's girlfriend). It was so great of them to all come and support her. Adriana and I played a violin duet of "I am a Child of God" and grandma accompanied us on the piano. It was the same one Akayla and I played at Akayla's baptism. It was very sweet. With our other three kids who have been baptized I got all emotional during the baptism, but this time was a little different. Adriana was so happy. She was beaming all morning. When it was her turn she jumped up and got right in the water, and when she came out of the water she had the biggest smile. I still felt the spirit so strongly, but instead of crying I had such a joyous feeling. Adriana is such a sweet little girl. She has been actively preparing for her baptism, and she has been trying very hard to choose the right every day. There have been several occasions in the last few months where she has made another choice because she wanted to be ready to be baptized. She is a good example to me. She even bore her testimony yesterday in church. She said when she was 7 she couldn't wait to be baptized and that she knew it was the right choice because Jesus showed us how to be baptized even though he didn't need to be baptized. She said she wanted to follow Him and make good choices. She's such a good girl! She looked so beautiful in her white dress (that was supposed to be $60 at White Elegance but my mom & I found it for $15 on clearance because the zipper was broken! Score!). I just can't believe she's already so grown up. I am excited to watch the many changes in her life in the next few years. Two of Adri's friends were also baptized.
It was fun for them to share their special day.

Good things:

Watching your baby grow up

White dresses

Fresh and Clean

Spring

7 comments:

Brandon Johnson said...

Adri looks so cute. That is such a beautiful dress! I still remember my baptism vividly - it was a huge baptism and I was really nervous, so dad told me to say a prayer in my heart. I did and it helped! Adri, you made a very righteous decision to get baptised. I bet it was a neat experience for you.

This is Us! said...

Aw, that's wonderful! Congratulations to Adriana!

Carissa J said...

Adri looks so beautiful! I love the pictures with the rose. Gorgeous. I remember my baptism, too. I was baptized on my birthday, June 4. It was such a special day.I'm so proud of Adri for making such a good decision.

The Ridings said...

It happens so fast. She looks beautiful!

Genelle said...

Oh Adri, Heavenly Father is very pleased with your decision. I remember the day you got blessed... you were such a cute baby! You still have one more event before you return to Heavenly Father... I'll be there watching... Your wedding day!

Ang- Nice pics. Keep saving up for the camera of your dreams! It was so much fun to see you!

P.S. Brandon, don't you mean baptiZed?

julie said...

Adri is beautiful, inside and out. Love you Adri!

The Hulbert Family said...

SUPER CUTE PICS! We are proud of her.