Monday, May 5, 2008

Miracle Music


A friend of mine told me about this program a few years ago and it has been a lifesaver in our home. My kids are pretty obedient and helpful a lot of the time, but it is so hard to get them to hurry and get ready in the morning. I don't know why they hate to get in the shower and get their morning chores done, but I always felt like a big nag until we found miracle music. It's a fun cd with really fun music - a lot of it is classical -that I put on in the morning when I get up. It slowly wakes them up with really sweet music, then a happy mom voice tells them each of the things they need to do and how many songs they will have to do each one. They quickly make their bed, use the bathroom, take a shower, fix their hair, eat breakfast and clean up. My older kids HATE it, but even Tanner does what the cd tells him to do. It helps that we have speakers in every room that are linked to our one cd player, but we used it in New Plymouth without that and it was still fun. Check it out!
Good things:
Being on time
A great sound system throughout our whole house
Hearing my kids giggling as they get ready for the day

4 comments:

Brandon Johnson said...

What a cool thing! It's almost like you're hypnotizing your kids to do what you want them to do... Just kidding! How long have you been using it? Hopefully it doesn't go out of style and the kids stop listening or something!

Ang said...

When they start to get tired of it I put it away for a few months and we try something else, then I bring it out again. I have to do the same thing with job charts and other incentive programs. The music is fun though and it makes me even hurry to get my stuff done in the morning!

Carissa J said...

That is hilarious! Ang, I need to come visit so I can see it in action!

Genelle said...

Oh gosh, Ang. I would die if I had that darn music playing every...day... No wonder they hate it! It'd be a lot better if they changed up the songs once in a while. I must admit, though.... That sweet Mom voice is very irresistable, even for me. It makes me want to jump up and do all my chores. Maybe it would be more effective on the older kids if they had a weird serial killer's voice THREATENING them, instead?
Ask them what they would rather have.