Tuesday, May 20, 2008

f.h.e.


Two words: FRISBEE -- GOLF! Or, if you are a fanatic like the rest of the people around us it is known as "disc golf" (and don't try to call it the other name or you will find yourself in big trouble!). We decided to try it tonight with the fam. If I had known what a fun game it was we would have played it a long time ago! I picked up 8 frisbees at the Dollar Store and we headed up to our favorite rock park where they have quite a nice frisbee golf course. It was beautiful up there. The weather was perfect except for the wind that kept sneaking off with our frisbees! I can't believe I only have one picture, (I was laughing too hard!) because it was a great night!

Favorite highlights of the night:


  • Corina & Tanner sitting together under the golf stand thingys while they waited for us to catch up at each "hole"

  • Annalisa getting hit in the head with daddy's frisbee while she was twirling in the middle of the course (it wasn't funny, but the look on her face was a classic!)

  • Mariah thinking it would be cold so she wore her heavy winter coat and her snow boots

  • My frisbee constantly ending up in a tree

  • Ellie LOVING the ride in her wagon

  • Mariah running to pick up our frisbees and throwing them the opposite way (she was trying to be helpful!)

  • Akayla finishing last but laughing the whole time

  • Adriana making a "hole-in-one" (what do you call it when it's a frisbee instead of a golf ball?) from about 10 feet away

  • Daddy climbing to get all of mommy's runaway frisbees

I've heard people say they think Idaho is ugly, but if you go to the right places it is a beautiful state. We love it here! The weather is awesome, not too dry and not too humid. We have a nice breeze blowing all the time, and there are very few annoying bugs. The best thing though is our sunsets! We are getting so excited to get our deck finished so we can sit out in the evenings and enjoy the beautiful sky! Come for a visit soon and we'll let you experience the beautiful Idaho that we have come to love so much! You won't be able to leave until you play frisbee (or disc) golf!


good things:


big families = twice the fun


cheap frisbees (maybe we'd play better if we bought the expensive ones ????)


free fun at the park


loving where we live

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh how I miss Idaho. And I would have to agree the sunsets are amazing in Idaho!

JAMIE said...

That is what FHE is all about! In my "dating years" it seemed like "disc golf" was the new trend. Every guy wanted to take me on a date for that. Apparently it is just so cheap, except for when you lose the discs...that is why they own over a thousand or so...yes.

Your fam is so dang cute I love it so much

Carissa J said...

That sounds like so much fun, Ang! We need to play when I come up to visit. I can just imagine the look on Anna's face after getting hit in the head! LOL!

Gina Hallam said...

sounds like you had a ton of fun :) Disc golf is fun :) Although, my frisbees would go the same way yours did :) lol.... it's fun anyway, being with the fam

Genelle said...

Ang, that sounds like a blast! When I come up there in a couple weeks, I want to go play this.
Nothing better than spending time with family.
I don't know why people say it's an ugly state either, I love Idaho... you can find beauty in simple things, like the view in your backyard overlooking the school down below, or even the ranch next door to the stake center!
You chose right!

Jenny-ology said...

I have never heard of this game but it sounds like fun!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great family home evening! Love it.