Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last weekend


We went to the National Clogging Competition last weekend held at Lagoon in Utah. We used to go there all the time growing up and I loved it! Then as I got older it seemed really stupid. Now that Six Flags has bought it....it's getting good again! I have to say though that it is not the greatest place to bring a baby. It would have been more fun for me if Elli could have ridden the rides. It's nothing like Disneyland (and it only costs about $10 less I might add - RIP OFF!!!) because it's not as kid friendly. It was fun to watch the kids ride though and to watch my girls clog. Most of the time I sat with Elli while everyone else went on the rides. Oh well...maybe in a few years! Actually, in two years there will be a worldwide clogging competition held at DisneyWorld in Florida and our teacher wants us all to be saving up and working to go there. Akayla and Adriana both did great at the competition. They both got all 1st places on their freestyles and solos, and all of their team dances also. The studio (called Ultimate Dance Force) won OverAll Highest Scoring Studio awards in the Novice (Adriana's) category and Champ (Akayla's).......I didn't pay attention to any of the other teams in our studio. I just worried about our own. We didn't go to the awards show because it got so late, but we heard it was great and our team did very well! We did have a little drama at one point.....my sister Genelle came with us (yay!), and she offered to watch Elli while I went on one of the rides with the little kids. While we were in line she came running up with Elli who was screaming her head off! I'm used to that so I didn't panic until I got up close and noticed how strangely she was holding her arm. Elli had fallen off of a bench and Genelle had grabbed her by the arm to try and catch her. Poor Genelle is not used to babies. She felt so bad (it's okay Genelle, Elli has forgiven you)! It reminded me so much of Adriana (*tangent....when Adri was a baby I was putting her pajamas on and I must have pulled her arm wrong because she was suddenly screaming and holding her arm close to her body. I rushed her to the ER because I thought I broke her arm or something. My friend's with doctors for husbands probably think I'm crazy, but we did learn the hard way about Nurse Maid's elbow. The doctor fixed it and immediately she was better. This happened to her numerous times over the next few years. Dave learned how to fix it and it was never a big deal again), so I had Dave pop her elbow back in. She kept screaming and acting funny so he started messing with her shoulder. We both thought we'd have to leave and go to the hospital somewhere. After a quick run to the First Aid station we decided she was fine (especially when she started lifting her arm to point at things). Thank goodness!

Anyway...here are the few pictures of the day that I took. My camera has the worst delay, so I miss EVERYTHING!! ...........I really want a good Nikon D40 (maybe someday! *SIGH*).






I bought this wagon just for the day.....it was perfect! We will be using it a lot this summer!
My girls on a good day (I don't remember hearing any arguing)
I don't know what happened to Mariah's hair.....it started looking crazy after the water ride!
Mars was so tired while we were waiting that she just pulled up a comfy curb and fell asleep!



Elli actually kept these sunglasses and hat on for most of the day!

Favorite ride of the day: The Ladybug Bop!




good things:
sunblock

economic stimulus check (the reward for having 7 kids!)

winning another handful of medals and ribbons

7 comments:

Gina Hallam said...

I'm so glad Ellie is okay :) Poor Ginelle :( It's okay :) It's so good to see what fun you're having. Save those pennies :) They add up quick. Good luck with the rest of your competitions. Great job girls ;)

Carissa J said...

What the heck? I just typed a comment and it didn't post it...
Anyway, that is so funny about Genelle! It reminds me a bit of when we were at Disneyland and I was watching Elli while you went on Space Mountain and she was crying and I was crying cause I didn't know how to calm her! LOL! Poor Elli. I'm glad she's alright.
I can tell you guys had a lot of fun! Amusement Parks are so much more fun when you have kids with you (except when they're too young to enjoy the rides).
Good job Akayla and Adri! I'm proud of you!

E C K said...

cute photos! but i'd get the d60 or the d80...the d40 only has 6.1 megapixels :)

so i totally forgot to get that cafe rio recipe from you. is there any way you can email it to me?

dancer_eck@yahoo.com

Thanks!

-Erin :)

julie said...

Sorry about that Elli mishap. I'm more glad than you that she is alright. I loved the pictures...especially the one of Elli in the hat and sunglasses, and Mariah sleeping on the curb, and Mariah's funny hair, and the one with Akayla and Corina with their arms around each other. Congrats to Akayla and Adri for another clogging accomplishment! Mom

Genelle said...

Oh goodness! Ang, Did you have to tell the whole world? Just kidding.
What I feel the worst about is that you didn't get to go on hardly ANY rides, and when you finally DO get to go on a ride, I have to interfere! That must be really annoying. I bet, by the time Elli's grown up, we'll all have stories to tell her about this kind of stuff!
ANYWAY, these are great pictures! (Where I am, I don't know! J/K)
I especially LOVE the picture of Akayla and Corina arm in arm walking into the abyss. I love cool pictures that seem staged, but aren't. I just wish I wasn't in this picture at all. *Blush*

Ang said...

Whoops - sorry about that awkward picture Genelle! It's funny that I don't have any pictures of you or I........do you think we hide from the camera or something? I actually did get to go on a couple of rides - just not enough to make $30 tickets worthwhile (even though they were on a huge discount!). I shouldn't have been so crabby about it though...it was obvious I was VERY tired and wanted to go home and go to bed! Sorry!

This is Us! said...

wow, that looks like so much fun! I haven't been to Lagoon for awhile, I had no idea Six Flags bought it! Congrats to your girls!!