Friday, May 23, 2008

Flashback Friday

Okay.....here are the answers to last week's 80's TV SHOW QUIZ!!!




a. Punky Brewster (the dog's name was Brandon)


b. Family Ties -- Michael J. Fox's character was Alex P. Keaton


c. Charles in Charge


d. By the Powers of GraySkull, I HAVE THE POWER!! He-Man


e. Small Wonder


f. Different Strokes


g. Alf


h. Facts of Life


i. Growing Pains


j. name of car - Kit, name of show - Knight Rider


k. true love - Winnie, name of show - Wonder Years


l. Cosby Show


m. Mr. Belvedere


n. Silver Spoons (thanks to those of you who told me Rick is LDS -- I didn't know that before! That is really cool!)


o. Perfect Strangers


p. Who's the Boss




and bonus questions....


q. Soleil Moon Fry (child of the 70's) or PUNKY BREWSTER! (Isn't she pretty now?!)


r. Urkel




I'm quite impressed that you all remembered most of them. It was very hard to choose a winner because a few people got all of them right. Tamara Jensen was the first one to send in all her answers, Diena Riding was the only one who didn't have to use the internet to figure out the answers, and Genelle Johnson answered every question EXACTLY - even the dog's name on Punky Brewster. So, Genelle will be receiving a fun 80's cd with some of the best music out there! (I know she'll love it because she is a child of the 80's born in the 90's!) Tamara and Diena will both be getting a package with some of the best 80's candy!



Which leads me to this week's Flashback Friday..............


When I was young everyone had a bike and we rode it everywhere. I remember riding my bike with my little brothers and sisters and my dad over to the Midget Mart every Saturday morning (at least that's what it seemed like -- maybe we only did it a couple of times.) and we would all pick out a treat. It was so hard to choose...............we could get Nerds, Big League Chew, Now & Laters, atomic fireballs, wax lips or wax pop bottles, jaw breakers, Lemonheads, Bit 'O Honey, Laffy Taffy, Bubble Yum, Zots, Pop Rocks, and Fun Dips. At least those are the ones I liked! So, Tamara and Diena....be watching for some of these yummy treats (I'm sure your kids will enjoy them also!) and THANKS FOR PLAYING!!
good things:
reminiscing
not having to worry about gaining weight
80's music

5 comments:

The Ridings said...

That is awesome! There is no need to send me anything it was just fun playing.

Genelle said...

Yay Ang! Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!
Guess what? You inspired me! I'm gonna do a Flashback Friday too! Go check it out!

Carissa J said...

I remember getting those treats on Saturday too. I read that to dad and he said, "Well, you guys had a really good dad!" LOL! I remember my banana seat bike! It was pink and white. I wish I was more active these days. I haven't ridden a bike in years :(

julie said...

Angela, I love your prize idea, and Genelle is really excited cuz you know how she loves 80's music...perfect prize for her. The candy is a fun idea too. I loved reading about the momory of Midget Mart. That was a fun place. I'll never forget seeing Matt Bateman there (about age 6) with chocolate on his face and a cheap little neclace that he bought for his mom ...he was so excited to give his mom that costume jewelry and it made it even cuter that he had chocolate all over his mouth. LOL. Mom

Tamara said...

Woohoo!!I'm so excited to get some yummy 80's treats!!!
Thank Ang - the trip down memory lane was so fun - good times.