Monday, May 19, 2008

just so you know.........


I just thought I would let you all know that I don't watch Oprah any more. It's been over a month actually and I don't miss it. I had several reasons..........



  1. I really don't have time to watch it.

  2. The talk from conference I think in October that was about good, better, best. I know there are better things I can do with my time.

  3. After I saw a program about Oprah's church and the strange teachings I decided I really didn't need to be watching it any more!

So, if you've been praying for me to see the light I have. If you think I'm fanatical and that it's an okay show to watch....fine for you. You can watch it! I would rather be hanging out with my family, blogging, or watching something fun like.....American Idol!!!!!

8 comments:

This is Us! said...

I am very happy for you! I'm always giving Eve a hard time about Oprah, even though she does not watch it very much. TV is mostly garbage. I've been trying to sacrafice some of my Jazz games, but as the year went on it got too hard. Maybe next year I'll do better.
Clay

Ang said...

Clay - agreed! I even got into a couple of the Jazz games this year! That is so unlike me!

Katie said...

I love love that talk from the October conference.

Carissa J said...

That's cool, Ang. I need to do that too but I'm baby stepping. First, clean up my movies... Second, clean up my tv. I didn't know Oprah HAD a religion. That's interesting.

The Ridings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genelle said...

Hmmmm. I guess you put up that Oprah poll for a reason!
Good for you, Ang! American Idol is much better anyway.
I guess I should follow your example.

This is Us! said...

lol, Clay is so not updated. I NEVER watch Oprah. I haven't watched it in at least a year.

It's not a religion that she has though...it's that she's been reading that Eckhart Tolle book, and people are saying it's a religious cult. I liked the book myself!! (there's my confession for the day:-))

Ang said...

That's good to hear Evelyn (about the book). I think the idea is that she has those online classes and they are kind of teaching the doctrine. So it's not that she's a preacher or anything, but she so much believes in the theories that she wants everyone to know about them. I think the book must have good things in it because it has touched lives, but some people are taking it really far.