Monday, June 2, 2008

busy week


Last week was busy for me and the next two weeks will be CRAZY because I'm teaching at a summer strings camp. I'm very excited about it! We had registration and auditions last week. I have some great viola students that I will be working with and I got to listen to several cute little violinists! Akayla, Corina and Adriana will all be attending. I still have to pay for them even though I am a teacher (because I am being paid), so I was very happy that they each received a scholarship to help defray the costs! It is going to be a great experience!

The three older kids still have 2 weeks before school is out (Akayla and Corina will get to miss some of school for string camp). Don't feel too bad for them....they get 3 weeks off in October, December and March when everyone else is in school. They are, of course, looking forward to summer break!

School is out for Dave, though he still works through the summer. He is required to be in his office preparing for next year, doing administrative things he doesn't have time for during the year, and recruiting students. He does have a lot less stress since he doesn't have to prepare lessons. But, since he will be taking classes for his masters we will have to plan well so we can have some fun together this summer!


Plans for the summer:

* lunch at the park every weekday

(the kids get to play with their friends and I get to visit with mine!)

*family bike rides

*camping trip with Ang's brother Brandon, Ayrial and kids

*eating lots of watermelon

*reading time with EVERYBODY!!

*Dave's sister Beth , Tom and the kids are coming from Illinois for a visit

*Lava Hot Springs!

*making yummy summer salads

*summer cleaning (I just imagined my kids groaning!) and organizing

*lots of barbecues with our new grill on our new deck!!!!!

*doing tons of yard work

*playing night games

* homemade ice cream

*weeding our garden

*getting lots of new freckles!

*dutch oven cooking

*baseball

*more time to be with friends

*picnic at the waterfalls

*rock park

*time to scrapbook

HOORAY FOR SUMMER!

good things:

I am not teaching any lessons this week

school is almost out

it's warm outside!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like you have the most wonderful summer planned!

Gina Hallam said...

I'm a little gealous Ang :) Lunch at the parks...aaaahhh... I miss those days :( We had some good times :)

Genelle said...

I can't beleive you didn't bring me up!! Ugh! I'm the most importatant part of your summer! Well, see how much I help YOU next week! Ha Ha! Just kidding.
Anyway, I'm so excited to come up and we are going to seriously have a ball! YAY Summer!

Ang said...

You are totally right Genellie! Sorry - I thought of it with Akayla when she was writing her list of things to look forward to. I guess I've just been taking it for granted. I am sooooo excited for you to come though! It's going to be a blast!

Brandon Johnson said...

Ang, sounds like a very fun-packed summer! Camping is going to be so much fun! We're all so excited! It will be the first such trip with our two families...Maybe we will create a tradition!

jenjen said...

Hey...I will be headed for Utah in July. Will you be visiting your folks at all? At one time there was a rumor that you might try to come to AZ with your mom for Manda's shin dig...it would be so fun. I think ALL of A. Jamie's kids are coming...anyway...sounds like your summer is shaping up to be busy!

Carissa J said...

That sounds like a fun summer, Ang. I think the best thing about summer time is the motivation you feel to be more active and eat lighter. In the winter it is too easy to veg out and eat massive amounts of carbs :)

Tamara said...

Wow - you are busy!! I have always been amazed my your wonderful musical talents. How wonderful that your children share them too!!

It sounds like you have a fabulous and fun-filled summer planned!