Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy 100th post

I noticed a few days ago that I had 99 posts. I figured it was the perfect time to do 100 random things about me. Several friends have done something like this and I enjoyed reading it. It's a great thing to journal and I think my kids might even learn something new about me!

1. I was born in West Jordan, Utah
2. I am the oldest of 7 children
3. I am the mother of 7 children
4. I loved babysitting when I was young
5. Water is my favorite drink – I do not like pop at all
6. I’ve always wanted a middle name
7. I play the violin, viola and piano and I love teaching others to play
8. I drink V8 nearly every day even though I don’t like it! It’s such an easy vegetable. I like to drink it warm like soup.
9. I love clean sheets
10. I love being able to play music better than almost anything else in the world
11. I met my husband in the symphony at Ricks College – I love that we have music in common
12. Before I was married french fries from Arctic Circle with tons of fry sauce was my favorite!
13. I love yogurt
14. My dad was my bishop until I was 13. I loved having him at YW/YM activities and I was sad when he was released
15. I love everything about newborn babies, but their smell is my favorite. I wish I could bottle the scent so I won’t miss it when I can’t have any more babies.
16. I recycle and I feel very strongly about our world and our country. I am very patriotic
17. I love to laugh – LOUDLY!
18. I have a serious Mother Bear attitude when someone is unkind to my children
19. I am a very nervous driver especially when it is dark – I prefer anyone else to drive
20. 2 jobs I have to do every day no matter what-- dishes and beds made
21. I am such a night person
22. I love hearing and singing church songs – they often make me cry
23. I enjoy alone time. Not that I don’t enjoy doing things with someone else, but I’m happy to shop alone and clean alone. I especially love when my kids are outside and my house is clean – it’s the perfect time to sit on the couch and read
24. I love to read
25. I bite my fingernails when I read – even if it’s not a scary or tense book
26. I become more like my dad every day
27. I love playing and talking with my kids
28. I love buying clothes for my kids. Not so much for myself. I HATE trying things on. I would rather buy something because it looks cute and hope it fits when I get it home.
29. Dave got a parking ticket while we were getting married & our car broke down on the way to the reception. Yes, that is the reason we were late!
30. I love to write lists and check things off my list (sometimes I write down things like – take a shower – just so I can cross it off!)
31. Someday I want to take a photography class
32. I once broke my wrist running down a hill
33. I am a terrible procrastinator
34. I try not to leave the house without makeup on (at least mascara)
35. I love the smell after it rains
36. I graduated from West Jordan High School in 1993
37. I have a huge fear of water – I even panic a little in a small swimming pool.
38. My 1st baby was born in 1995 – I was 19 years old
39. I spend too much money
40. I HATE wearing shoes – makes my feet feel claustrophobic
41. Don’t like wearing rings for same reason
42. My dad offered me a car and a trip to anywhere I wanted to go if I would graduate from Ricks college before I got married – too bad I met the greatest guy and didn’t want those things!
43. My least favorite chore is laundry
44. I used to be called Red in HS and I used to get perms. You would never know it now because I have super curly dark hair
45. I do not enjoy exercising, but I love how I feel after I’m done
46. I have a dimple on my right cheek and Dave has one on his left cheek , and each one of our kids has at least one dimple
47. Birthdays are a big deal to me
48. We went on a stake wilderness trek with our 5 children (at the time) and our handcart broke down. A whole “family” came back to carry our handcart down the mountain – it was awesome!
49. I love reading to my kids
50. I loved watching Little House on the Prairie when I was young
51. I love planning theme parties and having friends over
52. I was in the Drama club in HS
53. I don’t like being put in the spotlight unless I choose to be there
54. I once snuck out of the house with my friends – we rolled our van out of the driveway and drove to 7-11 for slurpees
55. I loved setting up elaborate houses for my barbies more than actually playing with them
56. I get obsessed about having white teeth and I once fell asleep with whitening strips on. My teeth were SOOOOO sore the next day. I couldn’t eat, smile, or talk. Never again!!!
57. I was in a co-ed gym class in HS and I once forgot to put my shorts on – so embarrassing!
58. I have great in-laws who are super supportive!
59. I wore braces in Junior High and I even wore my headgear to school a couple of times (I wanted attention or something???!!!)
60. I was a clogger and I used to teach my friends during recess – it was so fun I decided to have my girls try it. So far only Akayla loves it but clogging is way better than when I was in it!
61. I love yellow, green and purple. I won’t wear yellow, but you’ll see a lot of green and purple in my closet
62. I used to sneak makeup to school and put it on in the bathroom
63. In high school I would intentionally sleep in and have my mom write a note so I would miss a test and I would spend the whole day at the seminary building
64. I have been married 14 years (as of Monday) to the best guy in the world!
65. I played in the Mormon Youth Symphony in High School
66. In HS I wouldn’t wear name brand clothes because I didn’t want to be a “follower”
67. I collect books – especially children’s. I have hundreds of beautiful hardbound books
68. I had 3 marriage proposals before Dave. I actually accepted one (big mistake) but I ended up with the right guy!
69. I went to Italy with my hubby 9 years ago. I can’t wait to go back someday!
70. I only finished one year of college and a few random semesters throughout the years
71. I have always wished I could sing. I can sing and I do, but it doesn’t sound good!
72. I admire anyone willing to work in the nursery at church
73. I have had 4 babies in the hospital (2 with epidurals), 5 babies all-natural , and 2 of those babies in the water all-natural (I recommend the water over an epidural any day!)
74. I wish I could sew but I don’t have the patience for it
75. If I could I would hire a housekeeper so I could have a clean house but not spend all my time doing it!
76. I have had jaw problems for years and I can’t chew gum any more
77. I was voted most likely to have the most children by my senior class
78. I have gained at least 50 pounds each pregnancy and with most of them it takes me until just a few months before I get pregnant again to get the extra weight off
79. I competed at the state level for Drama Mono-Act
80. I was on the seminary student council my senior year
81. I have lots of freckles that show up a lot during the summer
82. I really despise doing laundry
83. I once hit my little brother (Brandon) on the head with a hammer – we used to fight & throw things at each other
84. I enjoy reading the scriptures
85. I love the smell and taste of mint
86. I love Olive Garden, CafĂ© Rio, and Chili’s and I crave their food in between visits.
87. I have never been to the Cheesecake Factory or the Melting Pot – but they are on my list of places to go someday
88. I would love to go to Spain and Australia
89. My kids think I treat them like slaves (whatever!) and that my house is never clean enough (it isn’t!)
90. I enjoy doing dirty dishes - my college roommates would never believe it!
91. I love staying up late talking with my mom and my sisters
92. I HATE clutter but feel like I have no control with 7 children. I have learned to let my kids have more stewardship over their own bedrooms and just ignore some things (they still have to clean and make their beds though!)
93. I wish chocolate was good for me!
94. I love cucumber sandwiches, lime chips & pico de gallo, ice cream, and coconut treats
95. I love to watch American Idol, Biggest Loser, Jon & Kate plus 8, and movies
96. I have never lived anywhere but Utah and Idaho
97. I got to play and talk with Peter Cetera (from the band Chicago) at a concert last year – I LOVE HIM!!!!! It was a dream come true!
98. I am a big cryer. It seems like everything gets me emotional. I enjoy a good cry.
99. My favorite music right now is Wicked especially since I saw the play
100. I have the best hubby and kids and I’m so lucky to have them!
NOW (IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS YET) IT'S YOUR TURN!! CAN YOU COME UP WITH 100? IT'S HARDER THAN YOU THINK - BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT!

15 comments:

Vonnie said...

Very fun Angela. It will be fun for your kids to read through the years. Congrats on sticking to the blog for 100 posts. So much history recorded. It's made journaling so much fun.

The Ridings said...

You must really hate laundry it was #43 and #82!! LOL! I don't blame you it is never ending with 4children I can't imagine the pile with 7 children! What a fun list! Sorry about the jaw I don't remember you without your gum or someoneelses in your mouth!

Erin said...

I love it! That was fun to read a little about you since I don't know you all that well and I feel like I just got to know you better.

This is Us! said...

Awesome! I love to read these, but never in a million years could I do this about myself. It would require way too much thinking.
Clay

Genelle said...

WOW! I didn't know a lot of those! Most of them made me laugh so hard.
I'm going to do this as well, even though I've got a ways to go! Don't worry, I'll do at least one a week from now on.

Ang said...

Genelle! You don't have to wait until 100 posts - just do it!

julie said...

Did I know I was signing a note for you so you could miss a test???!!! I did love your 100 list though, and many were very funny. M

Carissa J said...

That's awesome, Ang. Now I know where to take you for your birthday... of course you'll have to come to Utah cause I don't know if they have a Cheesecake Factory in Idaho... ?

Genelle said...

You're right Ang, I will!

Tamara said...

Oh WOW Ang!!! Love your list - I amazed that you were able to come up with 100! It was so fun to read about you - hey I have a sinkload of dishes you can come do for me! :o)

BTW - Happy Anniversary (it is a little after midnight, but it still counts as June 30th - right! Hope you had a wonderful day with your sweetheart. Can you believe it was 14 years ago?!?!

- said...

Nice list Ang! I think Erin could help you with #31. I've been meaning to learn how to take a good photo as well...

Brandon Johnson said...

I think laughing loudly runs in the family -- we got it from dad!

As far as drinking water versus pop, you and I are opposites. I love pop and only drink water because I have to!

I don't remember getting hit with a hammer, but I've been told about it a lot. I do remember getting in fights with you and throwing things though. Good times!

That was a fun list to read! I will start working on mine.

Joella Kingsbury said...

That is a lot of fun!! I am not sure how long it would take me. Quite awhile I am sure!

Gina Hallam said...

Ang :) You are so awesome :) I'm so glad that our paths crossed and you were placed in our ward :) It's a great blessing to know you :)

Lisa said...

Yeah, you did it! So fun to read all about you. I loved it!