Monday, July 21, 2008

CAMPING














Elli's camping beard!!

I know I'm posting a lot today. I didn't realize I had gotten so behind. We took the kids camping this weekend to a great place nearby. We had been invited to a bbq with some neighbors that we've been trying to get to know so we didn't get there until late. Dave had to put up the tent in the dark, and the kids were tired -- but they were still so happy to be out there! Camping in a tent is not my idea of fun, but I do enjoy being out in the middle of nowhere. I always feel closer to Heavenly Father and more appreciative to Him for the beautiful world He gave us to live in. I love hearing the sounds of nature, and I love camping food! Everyone enjoyed exploring and throwing rocks in the creek. I couldn't believe how filthy the kids managed to get (especially Elli)! Funny moment: Mariah was the first one to wake up. She jumped out of her sleeping bag and threw her shoes on. Then she unzipped the tent and began running around the tent. After about the 3rd time around she yells (as she continues to run) "I have to go potty!"
It was a beautiful place to camp -- we want to bring Brandon and Ayrial there when they come!
good things:
mom letting us get good and dirty
dutch ovens
a good hubby who puts up the tent, sleeps in it, then takes it down!
taking a shower
clean kids
God's beautiful creations

11 comments:

jenjen said...

You are truly brave to go camping. I don't have the energy. I would rather go to a resort, Thank Goodness for Time Share's-not mine, Austin's! I do love the clean feeling after a good camp trip though!

Linda Gibbs said...

Fun times! Camping can be fun, a lot of work, but fun. The kids looked really happy. That's what makes it worth it.

Joella Kingsbury said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We just took the kids camping and it is amazing just how dirty they can get. Glad to see I am not the only one that plays catchup blogging sometimes.

Genelle said...

That sounds so fun!
You sound like my leader, Jen Oldroyd, who was saying to all of us that the bad thing about going to a condo for girls' camp is that you don't get to connect with nature.
(I was actually laughing really hard about that, and she told me not to make fun of her anymore...
I couldn't help it! What a tree-hugger!)
Anyway, what a great experience! You guys sure know how to have a good time!

julie said...

I really love to be out in nature also, to spend time reflecting on the beauty of the world that Heavenly Father has created for us, I always feel that way when camping or hiking (especially at night when I look up at the stars). Ellie's beard is so cute and funny! M.

Carissa J said...

Elli's beard is HILARIOUS! That girl is so stinkin' adorable! I can't even handle it!!! I feel so left out... Why don't you invite me to come camping you with and Brandon's fam? Is it because I'm still single? That is marriage status-ism! J/K I've been trying to make everyone feel bad lately for not inviting me places. My life is so boring :(

Katie said...

Camping is so fun. I'm not brave enough to take a baby. Looks like you had so much fun.

Stephen and Amanda said...

Ang, Yes of course it is fine that you checked out our page. I am glad you did since I did not have everyones contact info to let them know of my blog. So I was hoping that just through seeing me comment that others would see we had one and would be able to check it out and so we would all have lots of fun updates. Blogging seems like the fun way to keep in touch. Your kids are adorable and it would be fun if you could make it to the Luau, and if not we understand. :)

Stephen and Amanda said...

Oh, I left you a 'memory' so you'll have to go check it out...! :)

Tamara said...

Ahhh... you're creating wonderful memories! Great camping pictures - it look like you guys had a fantastic time!
I agree - a hot shower after camping is PURE HEAVEN!

Erin said...

I tried to post the other day it wouldn't let me...I wish I were a part of your family...it looks like you guys had so much fun. I've been asking James for a couple of years now to take us camping...I even bought a tent to let him know I was serious. Maybe one of these day!