Thursday, August 7, 2008

Flashback Friday

I know I haven't done Flashback Friday for several weeks (besides, it's still Thursday!), but I saw this picture just now and it made me so happy that I had to share it. This was almost 4 years ago. We still lived in New Plymouth. Mariah was the baby and she was about 9 months old, so Miss Elli wasn't even in our thoughts yet. My mom had asked us to take a picture of our Ferrara Family Musicians. The picture didn't turn out great, but it is a good memory anyway. Akayla and Corina have 1/2 size instruments there and little Adriana had just started learning Twinkle Twinkle on her tiny little 1/4 size violin. All of our kids have enjoyed that cute little play piano that Annalisa is playing! Tanner (we called him Bud then) was just starting piano then. They all just seem so young and sweet to me.

Since I met my husband in the symphony music has been a huge part of our lives. I get teary when my kids perform and I get so excited listening to my kids practice. It is amazing how far they have come. Now that Annalisa is starting piano and cello I get excited knowing that in only a few years she will get to join our string group! For the past 3 years our family has been asked to play in a special musical Christmas program. The first two years it was just me and the two oldest girls, but last year Adriana joined us and we were a true string quartet! Dave would like to get Tanner started on the trombone (or another brass instrument), so we may just start up our own family band!!

Good things:
Remembering my kids when they were younger

Learning to play an instrument

Playing in a string quartet - one of my most favorite things to do!

8 comments:

Erin said...

That is so awesome. I think it's great that your family has such a great love for music. I don't know that there's much better than that. I wish I would have stuck with it a little more to give my kids that opportunity.

Genelle said...

Since I haven't commented on the last three posts, I figured I ought to do it now!
Yeah!!! Flashback Friday is back! I just might do one of my own.
I love your guys' family band. And it even expands to the other relatives too. (Well, mostly me.) Music is a very important part of my life as well. I've grown to appreciate everything about music.
Honestly, I could never imagine a world without music. How dull, and uninteresting it would be...

Tamara said...

WOW - that is the most awesome family photo!! You sure are a talented bunch. The kids look so cute with their little instruments. What a priceless pict of your amazing family. :o)

Brandon Johnson said...

That is such a cool picture! One day you'll have an entire symphony at home! You can call it the Ferraharamonic Orchestra!!

Ang said...

Bro - that's an awesome name!!!

Genelle said...

That IS an awesome name. Good job, Brandon! I love the little play piano! That's my favorite.

Genelle said...

Crap! This is Carissa, not Genelle. She is logged in, I guess. That last comment was from Carissa.

Gina Hallam said...

Isn't music a wonderful thing? It's so good to have a musical family :D and yours deffinately IS!!!!!! Thank you for blessing so many with your talents :D