Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nanny McPhee

This is Nanny McPhee. If you have not seen the movie - do it this weekend! It's a very sweet and very fun movie. The children at the end of the movie bear a striking resemblance to my own 7 wonderfully well-mannered children (not the ones at the beginning - they are too rotten! Hee hee!) !!!
The reason for my post though is not to talk about my darling children, but to discuss the resemblance between Nanncy McPhee and my 6 year old - Annalisa. No, Anna does not have warts or a big nose or anything like that. Anna recently lost one of her top teeth (it was a little bit loose, and then she jumped on Akayla's back and got elbowed right in the tooth!), but the other one is very loose and sticks out just like the tooth in the picture. It's really not the most attractive thing I've ever seen. A good parent would probably rip the ugly tooth out with plyers or something, but Dave and I are the biggest wimps when it comes to our kid's teeth. I completely cringe and even get a bit nauseated when I look at my children's loose teeth. I keep hoping she'll bite into an apple at school (so I don't have to see the blood), or that someone will "accidentally" bump into her and knock the darn thing out. Hopefully soon! I'd love to hear her sing "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth"!!!

good things:
the tooth fairy (especially when she remembers to come the night the tooth fell out!)
a cute 6-year old toothless lisp!
no warts

8 comments:

Peter & JoNae Black said...

Loosing teeth is so much fun. Funny you tell this story today, our 6 year old Camren lost his top two teeth months ago and they still haven't come in. Then when he had his tonsils out they pointed out one of the teeth next to the top front two was loose. Well I finally just pulled it out tonight, it was so loose I was afraid it was going to fall out while he was sleeping and he would choke on it . Anyway I agree with your toothless lisp it so cute! Good luck to your Tooth Fairy, ours is always late too!

Erin said...

That is funny...I love when kids lose their teeth. Jarom really hated it until he realized that he would get money and that I wouldn't let James touch his mouth. He had to get it out before dad could get to it!

Brandon Johnson said...

Haha Anna looks like Nanny McPhee... I don't like seeing the teeth after they are out, all bloody and sharp on the bottom. Funny story though...

Gina Hallam said...

Nanny McPhee is such a great movie :0) Although, I would think you were talking about my boys at the beginning of the movie ;) lol... I hope Anna gets her two front teeth for Christmas :D

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Tag... Angela, check my blog for details. Can't wait to see your answers. Love ya

Vonnie said...

In our family we call it a snaggle tooth. Kids go through the ugly duckling stage with wild hair & snaggle teeth. Then they grow up a little & turn in to pretty teeanagers. Snaggle tooth is a fun stage as you watch them blossom.

Carissa J said...

LOL! She totally DID look like Nanny McPhee! That's hilarious. I'm glad the tooth finally came out. Poor girl!

Genelle said...

Ha Ha Ha! That was so funny. I was tempted several times to go down while she was sleeping and yank it out. It was quite the sight to behold!