Monday, November 23, 2009

Annalisa

Annalisa is our 5th kid. You would think that by the 5th kid I would have this thing down. Big surprise - it doesn't work like that.

From the minute Anna was born she has kept us guessing. She is the epitome of a yellow personality (if you know what that means!), which is often hard to deal with! Instead of being motivated by doing the right thing (blue - me and many of my other children....very easy to get to do what I want!), Annalisa is motivated by fun. She is the silliest and giggliest girl you will ever meet! So, I have to be very creative with her!

School is hard for Anna because she just wants to play and she struggles with keeping her attention focused. I just went to Parent Teacher Conferences last week and I was so happy to see how much better she is doing this year. She is above grade level in everything but math (how do you make math fun?!!!). It seems she is learning how to focus better.

My other children love to read, but Annalisa does not like it (she does love me to read to her every night though), but I have learned that she enjoys reading to Elli, who has piles of books ready for anyone available. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone? Sounds great to me!

good things:
*all the talks & lessons in church were just what I needed
*3 of my kids are out of school this whole week
*free turkey and ham from my sister-in-law's work

7 comments:

Annie and Family said...

We love Anna! She is such a fun girl! We all miss you!

Unknown said...

What a cute picture. I have my older daughter read to her little sister too. It works great! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Marley Family said...

She is such a fun girl!

Jeron & Brook said...

You mean you don't get a freebie with #5?! Those little moments do make it worth it thought don't they!

Aceneth Warner said...

if you find a way to make math fun, pleeeeeeease let me know!!! BTW my kids love that book!!!

Erin said...

It's so fun when you know they're making progress. That's so awesome. We've had problems with Tank but so far this year things have been so much better. Math is a tough one to make fun...I always struggled with teaching that one at school for that very reason.

Meikjn said...

I was the same way when I was that age(I grew out of some of it). I drove my teachers nuts. I never really got over hating math, but as I got older I was more willing to try. as for reading, now I can't get enough of it. it is perfect for my never ending imagination. what really did it for me is when I was in about 4th grade I had some awesome people in my life (my sister, mom, and a teacher) who read to me and I realised how much I love stories! I recomend Roald Dahl he has some short stuff like esio trot (sp?) that she could handle now. be paitent my mom always was, and it made all the differance to me that she tried to understand.