Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sunday afternoons

I have always loved Sunday afternoons.

Growing up my mom had a "Sunday kid kit" with fun Sunday-appropriate activities that we could play with. We would make up puppet shows and lace-up pictures. There were also Sunday games. It wasn't anything fancy, but because we could only play with it on Sunday it was special.

We've done things like that too at our house, but since our church is at 12:30 now we don't have much of an afternoon any more.

Typical Sunday afternoon at our house:

*making forts and playing games on bunk beds

*reading The Friend, New Era or Ensign together in the family room

*Jim, Amber and Jacob coming over for dinner

*rousing games of Aye Aye Nephi or Trip to Zarahemla

*working on personal progress

*making cookies or another treat to share with friends

*long family walks

*lots and lots of talking

I still love a good Sunday afternoon.

It is the perfect day to rest, reflect and grow closer to my family.
All of these pictures were taken on this Sunday or last.........

Jim & Amber

Adri & Anna making cookies

Anna & Mars playing Memory

most of the kids (Corina is reading of course) playing I Spy

cousin Jacob




good things:
a day of rest
family day with no obligations
rancher cookies with milk mmmmmmmm!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the idea of a Sunday kid kit. I'll have to try that:)

Marley Family said...

I love Sundays too! So relaxing! At least it is after church;)

Unknown said...

I love the Sunday Kid Kit idea! Such a great idea! Looks like you have great Sundays around your house.