Tuesday, January 11, 2011

good things to come

I've already mentioned many times that we've had a really hard couple of years.

So many blessings and beautiful things have also happened in these hard years.

The only thing that has gotten me through some days is my faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have learned that I must choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism.

We can't always see the blessings that lie in the road ahead, but I know there are good things to come.....



good things:
Jeffrey R. Holland
kindness of strangers and friends
family night
watching my husband play with his kids

4 comments:

Amishka said...

Thanks Angela, That's a reminder I need quite often lately.

Heidi said...

I love this video. It usually tears me up to watch it. It makes me think of a family trip we made as a kids in our lovely :) yellow and brown station wagon. We broke down in the boonies w/ a leak in some tube. A kind man stopped and suggested we use chewing gum to patch the hole and it worked! Things have definitely gotten better since than... but I'm grateful for the lessons learned in the hard times.

Annie and Family said...

Thanks Ang, that was really needed!

Jeron & Brook said...

I LOVE that talk! I have not watched the video yet but I just have to tell you thank you! Thank you for sooo... much! I am grateful for you and YOUR strength and the strenght that gives me, even over the miles and the years! Love you much!