Tuesday, February 1, 2011

differences

I was reminded this past week of just one of the many differences between boys and girls.

I'm not trying to say all boys are like this, but this is how it goes in our house.........


My girls tell me every little thought that enters their heads.

If they get hurt they show me and need hugs to feel better even if it's a hurt heart.

They tend to whine and complain about their little aches and pains.



Tanner, on the other hand....I have to beg him to tell me what he's thinking about.
Don't get me wrong.....he loves to talk to me.
He's just kind of a private person.
He'll talk on and on about this game or that idea he had, but if I want to know what he felt about something.........yeah right!


He never makes a big deal out of getting hurt, which he does frequently.
If it's a big cut that probably needs stitches he'll show me but he doesn't make a big deal out of it.

Last week we all had the flu really bad.
The girls hung around me and wanted me to take care of their every need

Tanner stayed in his room and didn't ask for anything.
His cough kept getting worses and his fever kept getting higher so we decided to take him to the doctor.


He has pneumonia.

He still doesn't complain, in fact when I was feeling really crummy he asked me what he could do to help me.


Seriously love that kid
!


good things:
not coughing every 1 1/2 seconds
anti-biotics (only when necessary)
my sweet boy

4 comments:

Aceneth Warner said...

funny, is the opposite at my house, but there is no drama with my son.

Marley Family said...

That makes me feel better. I have to drag info out of Laney! It makes me crazy! I love boys!

Unknown said...

Boys certainly are different than girls. Your boy is sweet to be concerned about you. I hope everyone at your house gets better soon!

Gina Hallam said...

Don't you just love those tender hearts and how much those boys love their momma :) I know Dallin did that a few weeks ago, what special spiritual giants :)