Wednesday, October 5, 2011

NHS


I've mentioned before that Corina is a little crazy about her grades.


She has a 4.0 and takes all honors classes except for choir and seminary.



This year she even decided to take 2 AP classes (advanced placement for college credit).



Her AP biology class has been really tough and for the first 6 weeks she was really stressed.



She would study all weekend and every day after school for a few hours.



I have been feeling worried about her and thinking she took on way too much.



She recently informed me though that she's used to the homework load and she isn't feeling so overwhelmed in the class any more.



She was given an application for the National Honors Society and she decided to apply even though most sophomores aren't accepted.



Yesterday she found out she made it in and she's pretty excited.



I think she's pretty impressive, especially because she still manages to find time to practice the piano & cello, and spend time with her family.



She's had to sort her priorities....and unfortunately friends are at the bottom of the list.



She still makes time to do something with friends on occasion, but her sister is her best friend anyway!



I'm a pretty proud mama!





good things:

going for a long walk

getting a nap while the baby sleeps

my sweet husband waiting on me hand & foot

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good for her! That sounds so much like my high school life. But once I had the scholarship and went to college, I learned there are more important things in life then good grades... like boys, In fact, it was a weird feeling to be okay with my D+ on my organic chemistry quiz during my final semester, because I was busy earning A+ experiences dating Jared... and I've been having those ever since then:)
I look forward to coming over to see your new little boy soon!

Gina Hallam said...

Way to go Corina!!!! What an accomplishment!!! You're amazing!!!