Thursday, November 17, 2011

this and that

***I've been thinking about all the "hats" I have to wear.
All the regular mom hats....taxi driver, chef, nurse, psychologist, maid, etc.
I also have the music chairperson/organist hat, the music teacher's hat, and the pto president's hat.

I don't have any choice about the music teacher's hat because it's my job.....and luckily it's a job I really enjoy.
I don't mind the church calling hats I wear - they're pretty easy (except I've found it very difficult to get to church on time lately so I'm grateful for kind people who are willing to play the organ for me for a little while!).

The hat I would really like to throw in the garbage is the pto president's hat.
Seriously, I've been trying to come up with ways to get out of it. Things like:

moving
coming down with a terrible illness
getting in a big fight with the principal and quitting on the spot
dying

Since none of those are going to happen I guess I have to suck it up and just do the job.

***I'm getting really excited for Christmas
I know Thanksgiving isn't over, but it's just not my favorite holiday.

I love everything about the Christmas season.
It makes me so happy.
And since I'm a musician Christmas music starts early.....
I'm in the Messiah and my girls are playing in the Forgotten Carols.
All of my students are learning Christmas music for a recital next month.

I love all of it!!!

I just couldn't resist changing my blog to match my feelings.
The video at the top is my all-time favorite Christmas song/message.

***I loathe laundry

I remember a friend of mine who had 8 kids (back when I only had 4) once mention how much laundry she had to do.
I didn't believe her until I saw my own laundry piles explode before my eyes.

Does anyone have a really great system of getting laundry done?

Someone once told me she did laundry once a week.

She didn't have 9 kids.

***I've lost 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks
I'm working out at the gym 3-4 times a week and riding my stationary bike at home on the off days. I'm also really trying to stick with a healthy eating plan.

Why is it so difficult to lose weight?
It sure is easy to gain it when you're pregnant!!

NOT FAIR!

Sigh!
Too much complaining........ not the kind of person I want to be.
So, I will try to enjoy being the pto president. I will try to find joy in doing laundry. And I will rejoice that I've lost 4 pounds instead of gaining them!!

Hope your day is full of happy things!

good things:
the apple cinnamon smell in my bedroom
fuzzy gloves
hot chocolate from the gas station

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Congrats on being disciplined to exercise. That's awesome!
While I'm pregnant I've been trying to kill 2 birds w/ one stone.... exercise while folding laundry. So I'm sure if my neighbors see me through my window they think its weird that I'm doing kicks, squats, leg/knee lifts as I grab and fold the clothes, but hopefully its burning a few calories and it makes my laundry piles diminish. Today I reached the bottom of my 246 sheet dryer box which I opened 5 months ago - 50 loads a month!!!! No wonder doing laundry gets old and I'm sure your # is much higher than mine;)
P.S. We are loving the apples... I think I should have gotten more.