Monday, February 18, 2013

friends

Adri, Britlyn & Hannah after their choir concert on Friday


I remember being in 6th grade and feeling so lonely.

My best from since kindergarten had decided when we went to middle school that she was going to hang out with another girl instead of me.

I ate lunch alone, and I had no friends in any of my classes.

I cried nearly every day to my mom who was my best friend, and she would cry with me.

I was painfully shy and had no self esteem.

I was also a late bloomer (so are my kids) - I remember boys teasing me because I was flat as a board and looked like a little girl still.

By the time I was in high school I had a lot more confidence and a lot more friends.

But my experiences molded me into who I am - in good and bad ways.

My kids have all had little issues when they reach this age - and it hurts me.

I wish I could take it away, but I know they'll get through it.

They'll be better because of it, and I know that they will be more aware of other's feelings because of it too.

But it is still hard when they hurt.



good things:
parties with friends
Dave playing the wii
no Monday this week (at school)

No comments: