Tuesday, October 1, 2013

blessing day

We decided to bless Mason this weekend since Dave's mama is here from Illinois.

My parents, 2 sisters, brother Foster, and brother Brandon and his family came up Saturday evening.

It was a whirlwind 24 hours but so great to have them all here!

Akayla was able to catch a ride from a friend on Thursday so we had a few days to catch up on everything, do some shopping, and to just enjoy having her back for a little bit!

The ladies went to the RS broadcast, and then we went to Chili's for some dinner while the men took care of all the crazy kids and ate pizza.  It was so nice to get away for a few hours!

The big news of the weekend was my brother Evan (who planned to come to the blessing with his pregnant wife, but since she wasn't feeling very well stayed home) and Erin (the pregnant wife) ended up in the hospital and delivered their baby 6 weeks early on Sunday morning!  He was only 4.5 pounds and has to stay in the NICU for a bit.  Crazy!  She wasn't due until November!!

Hooray for 12:30 church (at least with a newborn in the house!)!

We had everyone ready and at the church on time (we even had lunch thanks to my sweet friend Heidi who brought over sandwiches the night before).

Mason screamed through the ENTIRE blessing, and I think it caused the congregation a lot of stress.  The funny thing is that he hardly cries at all, but when it's important he can't hold it in!

It was still a lovely blessing, and I loved that the moment Mason was in my arms he was perfectly content.

We came home and rushed to get food ready since Akayla was leaving around 3:30 to go back to school.

Dave's mom had made spaghetti sauce (the real stuff) the day before with Italian sausage and meatballs, and my mom made french bread and a yummy salad.  We also had corn on the cob, watermelon, and 3 different cookie bars.  It was quite the feast - and I didn't make any of it.  I think my mom and Dave's mom were stuck in the kitchen the whole time - they are my heroes!

What will I do when I don't have any help any more?
Dave keeps reminding me that I've done this before and I will slowly get back to normal!

Sure hope so!

Pictures from the day:


the man of the hour - slept most of the day

The Ferrara kids all together!!


Johnson cousins


my dad, brother Brandon & wife Ayrial with Bosley

brother Foster - he's a stud and he's single

Corina

mom, sister Carissa, Ambree and Leandra

my dad, Dave, Dave's bro Jim & wife Amber


my beautiful sister Carissa

I tried so hard to get this picture and it still turned out blurry!
my other beautiful sister Genelle with Mason, and brother Brandon


Landon with Ferrara cousins Jacob & Alex

good things:
quiet house
apologizing
being inside when it's windy outside

No comments: