Tuesday, December 10, 2013

stockings


Is it just me or is that a lot of stockings on that banister?

I think it's a little bit funny - but I don't know what else to do with our 12 stockings!

Besides, I kind of love them.

We have had a mismatched bunch of stockings for the past 20 Christmas's, and this year my very talented mother made us all matching stockings.  

I love that she loves to sew.

I love the beautiful things that she creates.  (I wish I could add pictures of some of her quilts - they are so lovely!)

I only wish I had more desire to practice sewing, but I have a lousy sewing machine and even less patience with myself.

She helped me sew my first quilt - and it only took about 8 years to complete because we would do only one step every time we went for a visit.  All of my kids want that quilt when we sit on the couch to read because it is so soft and warm.

All of my babies have gotten a beautiful pieced quilt when they were born, and they will be treasured heirlooms.

I'm just feeling grateful today for my sweet mom and the many ways she blesses my life.


good things:
quiet house
our gas fireplace that warms up the room so quickly
cute ideas


No comments: