Monday, December 23, 2013

tradition!!

Christmas is such a wonderful time for traditions!

My very favorite tradition is reading a Christmas book together every night.
Sometimes we read by the tree, sometimes by the fire, sometimes snuggled on the couch, and sometimes we light candles and read in the dark.

Every Christmas Eve for the past 20 years my kids get pajamas and a new book.
We now have 20 beautiful hardbound Christmas books with lovely pictures.
I let the kids take turns choosing a book each night that we will read together.
Every year I get choked up as I read most of them, and a few of them make me outright cry.


Some of our very favorite books:

Anna loves "The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey"
 
Mariah's favorite is "Christmas Day in the Morning"

Elora loves the story of "Old Befana"
 
This is my favorite - and I cry the entire book
We also love to make hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies every Sunday evening.
Our favorites are Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, It's a Wonderful Life, and The Santa Clause.
I also watch all the cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies with anyone that will watch them with me!!


  
I will probably be in big trouble for posting this
 (Adri trying to lick whipped cream off her nose), but I think it's so funny!
good things:
making memories
making my kids cry
homemade hot chocolate

No comments: