Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Celebration


I mentioned that we were trying a little experiment. We didn't do any eggs or candy for Easter and we focused only on the Savior. Well, we didn't love it. Next year we will go back to our regular way -- baskets, candy, eggs etc. on Saturday then the spiritual part of Easter on Sunday. We did decide to watch the sun set in the mountains on Friday evening then early Sunday morning watch the sun rise.
We did have fun coloring eggs and having a big egg hunt in the park. It was FREEZING cold so the kids ran around as quick as they could and we jumped back into the warm suburban. Elli stayed nice and cozy in her car seat. Smart girl!

Good things:
Heaters that work
Patient children
Naptime

5 comments:

The Ridings said...

Looks cold!!! I don't do cold well anymore. It looks like you had a great day though.

Genelle said...

Those darn Ridings, they beat me to the first comment! Just kidding.
I'm surprised you didn't like it that much, I thought it would bring the spirit very strongly, but maybe it's not the most exciting thing for 6 1/2 kids! I'm glad you had fun painting eggs though, next time I'm gonna tag along.

Genelle said...

Ang, I just realized that I put 6 1/2 kids... I guess I didn't realize that Ellie was a whole or something...

Jenny-ology said...

I love the good things on the bottom- it is totally like a gratitude journal right with your journal. I may have to steal this one...

Tamara said...

Looks like the kids had a fun Egg Hunt!! Like your new "Springy" background!