Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Saturday

We had the best spring break this year! We got a TON of projects done....including organizing my storage room and FILLING it with food storage!!!!! We also organized cupboards and hall closets and cleaned things out. It was very nice having so many helpers! It was so great to purge the junk that has been accumulating over the year. I love spring cleaning!

Akayla, Corina and Tanner still have another week of school off, but Dave had to go back to work today. The little girls and I had to do school and I started teaching lessons again today. So, Saturday was our last official day of Spring break. We decided to have a picnic at the "rock park" as we call our favorite park in Pocatello because of the huge rocks the kids get to climb and explore. It was FREEZING! We keep hoping spring is coming because the sun is shining more but it's not getting much warmer. We had a great dinner though and once we got moving it was a lot more fun.









Akayla and I also got to attend the General YW broadcast. It was our first year and it was really neat. I remember going to them with my mom then going out to eat after. I planned on taking Akayla out but the stake put together a huge spread that we couldn't pass up. There weren't very many people there because of spring break, so it was kind of a nice little gathering. We got to talk to several people that we rarely see. I loved hanging out with Akayla. She is so fun to talk to and tease. She is so much like me at that age. 12 and 13 are really tough ages, but I'm so glad we have a good relationship. We've had some issues with a 16 year old guy that really likes her, so we've had some really intense discussions. I'm just so grateful that she wants to do the right things. We decided to take makeup away for awhile so she would look like a 12 year old. She looks beautiful without it! I wish she knew how beautiful she is! I sometimes wish she was really ugly so I didn't have to worry about the boys so much! Ah, the joys of having 6 daughters! I hope I can survive......I hope Dave can survive!!

Good things:
Organized cupboards
A full storage room
Spring is coming
6 beautiful daughters (and a son and husband to pester them)

3 comments:

Genelle said...

Sounds like a fun spring break!! I hope it wasn't TOO fun for the kids to clean the storage....
Anyway, Breaks come and go, so now you have to get in the swing of things. Good luck!

POOR AKAYLA! It must me SOOO hard to be that good lookin'!!!! I hope you and Ang felt the spirit at the broadcast, I wasn't able to see it. Lucky!
P.S. I heard this quote a while back, so I thought I should share it with you: "Not all God's children are beautiful. Some, in fact, are barely presentable."

Ang: I can't believe you didn't think of this before! Akayla still looks gorgeous without makeup so why not take away her deoderant and sprays? Then she'd really clear the room!

Carissa J said...

It's true. Akayla is so beautiful! She doesn't need makeup. I can't believe she has a 16 year old boy interested in her!! Poor Ang and Dave. Six girls and they are all a little bit boy crazy :) I hope Tanner can handle the job of looking out for all of them!

Gina Hallam said...

I loved that park when we went down a year ago to see you guys. Those boys better watch out...Aaron might kick their tails :) Akayla is such a beautiful girl...all your girls are georgeous...just like their mom :)