Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Concert


I play with the Idaho State Civic Symphony, and I just wanted to share a great picture from my concert on Friday. We did a Christmas Pops concert and I loved it! We had the ISU Camarata Singers join us and we even had a carol sing-in.

We have a beautiful concert hall that has incredible acoustics - it's the best one I've ever played in, including Abravanel Hall (now called something different - I forget what) in Salt Lake City. People from all over the world have come to copy our Performing Arts Center.

I even started balling while we were playing (and the audience was singing) Hark the Herald Angels Sing. I just know there will be music like that in heaven and real angels singing!


I love playing in this symphony. The Mormon Youth Symphony was amazing, but I have to say this symphony is even more impressive, and our conductor is AWESOME!!! He's Korean, and he has conducted many orchestras, including the Chicago Symphony. I don't know why in the world he ended up in Pocatello, Idaho......but I won't complain! He expects so much of us, and it shows in our performances. We always play to a completely sold out concert hall.

The first performance of this season we had a violinist named Corey Cerovsek. He received his bachelor's degree in mathematics and music at age 15, masters in both at 16, and completed his doctoral course work in mathematics and music at age 18. He is the most incredible violinist I have ever heard or watched!


The instrument he plays is a Stradivarius made in 1735 worth millions. It was given to him after a member of the Stradivari Society of Chicago heard him play. They said the violin was waiting for its owner and now he was found.

I just feel so blessed to be apart of such a great group of musicians! If you're ever planning on visiting this area you should come and hear us play! (Click on the blue links to see the websites)

good things:
Christmas music
a real orchestra to play in
celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with people of all faiths

10 comments:

Gina Hallam said...

WOW!!!! What else can be said :) I would have loved to have been there to witness the site and sounds. That story is amazing as well :) WOW!!!!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Amazing. I wish I could have been present to see that amazing and awesome sight. How exciting to be continually blessed for your talent. Maybe next year I'll get a chance to play with you.

Sarah said...

That is so neat. that is just wonderful!!!

The Ridings said...

I love beautiful music! When I hear it I always feel closer to the Spirit!

Kaylyn said...

That is an amazing site. I think I would cry to. I loved that story about Corey Cerovsek and his violin. I would be afraid to ever put that violin down. I would be so scared that something would happen to it or worse, that it would be stolen!
You have been blessed with a wonderful talent to share with the world. And best of all that gives you the opportunity to be a part of all these special experiences.

Erin said...

I am speechless! What an amazing experience. I love music and especially this time of year when so many of our songs are about our Savior.

Genelle said...

Wow, Ang! You have some pretty amazing opportunities!!!
I had to play in a concert this week as well. We must be in the same family, because I starting bawling too while we were playing "Oh come all ye faithful." (My stand partner was very concerned. HA HA.)
I wish I could've heard your performance. It sounds like a very impressive symphony.

Carissa J said...

That's awesome! I wish I could have seen it. I LOVE when they combine symphony and choir. So beautiful!

Ang said...

I wish I was there mom!!!

Ang said...

I WISH I WAS THERE!!! ADRIANA