Wednesday, May 13, 2009

note to self....

- next time you need to go to the dentist don't set the appointment right before you have to be at the school to teach music. You will be very embarrassed when all the kids laugh at your half-numb smile.

- next time you need to turn around because you're going the wrong direction DON'T go over the curb at 20 mph because your tire will pop leaving you stranded in a strange place, and your daughter will have to call her friends to pick her up to take her to clogging pictures, and you will have to wait for at least 30 minutes before your husband comes to rescue you. OH, and you might want to practice changing a tire so your poor tired husband doesn't have to come and rescue you when he's supposed to be finishing his paper for his master's class.

- next time you don't hear any sounds coming from Elli's room RUN as fast as you can and take the Vaseline and Desitin away before she gets it all over herself and everything else. Better yet - hide them in the highest possible place so she won't find them.

- next time you are asked to do a musical number and have a meeting about summer strings in the same evening make sure you remember to put food in the crock pot for your family or they won't be eating dinner until 10:00 at night and they will be grumpy.

- next time you feel like teasing your teenage daughter when she's in a less-than blissful mood - HOLD BACK!!

- next time you think it would be fun to go to the mall with Elli PUT THE KEYS AWAY and go watch a nice quiet movie.

- next time you have a day like today just smile and remember TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER - IT CAN'T BE ANY WORSE!!!

good things:
naptime

laughing at the dentist office without laughing gas because
your 2 silly teenage daughters look as goofy as you do!

tomorrow

9 comments:

Annie and Family said...

Wow... did that all really happen in one day? Holy cow, and I thought I had an interesting one yesterday. You could write a book, or better yet, have a great stand up routine all about the funny things that happen in your fam. Have a better day!

Annie

Audrey said...

I SOOOOO needed this today Ang. Thanks! :)

Kaylyn said...

All this on your VERY busy week! When it rains it pours!! Not funny while it is happening, but makes for some great stories and memories later. I hope your day goes better today!

Jeppsen's said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has days like that Thanks Ang!

Hollie Rae Keller said...

Ang, I was going to make sure to tell you what a beautiful family you have, especially your oldest. I was so impressed with her talk on Sunday. She's such a beautiful person. Her tender feelings towards you reminded me of the relationship my mom and I share. Make sure to tell her thanks for sharing that with us.
I hope you had a happy mother's day! Hopefully we get to chat sometime soon so we can get to know eachother better!
PS- i love your blog!!!

The Ridings said...

Ooh but it could be worse! That's why you should just laugh through it!

Erin Johnson said...

haha! nice!

Carissa J said...

LOL! I like it, Ang.

Jenny-ology said...

Hello again my blogging friend. I haven't seen any blogs for the longest time- it is so hard to find the time with an almost one year old. I can't even stay caught up on my own. But, I think this is a funny post. Note to self is the perfect title.