Dave and the older kids only get a week - but there's nothing to complain about when you get a whole week off of school and work!!
Mariah's birthday is during the break so for the class birthday party on Friday I brought in treats.
These popcorn balls are the best treats ever!
My mom used to make them for my classes on my birthday, and her mom used to make them for hers.
Plus when the popcorn ball is gone you get a sucker with GUM in it!
I bet a lot of moms are mad at me when it's my kid's birthdays but I know the kids LOVE them!!
Happy Spring Break!
This is what it looked like outside our window on Saturday - can you tell it's snowing?
As a family we've tried to look at the positives for having snow when it's supposed to be sunny and all......
- we can do projects inside
- we don't need to feel guilty for not doing any yard work
- it makes it more exciting to plan outings to places that are sunny and warm
- we have lots of hot chocolate left over from Christmas
- heck, it's still spring break and we don't have to be in school!!!
Dave taking our whole family out to dinner and not crying about the $70 bill
watching my kids help their daddy with a project
going for a drive and talking with my sweetheart