Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Anthems of America


Dave, Akayla, Corina & I were asked to play in the orchestra for a patriotic program this evening called Anthems of America.

This is the first time Dave & I have been able to play in an orchestra together for many years.

(Remember we met in the Ricks College symphony orchestra)

Unfortunately Dave has class every evening so he has had to miss almost all of the rehearsals.

He's talented enough that the conductor was fine with him still playing in the concert.

Last night was dress rehearsal and it was really long.

Dave was able to come after his class for our final runthrough.


I can't tell you how much my heart fluttered

when I saw him walk in with his trombone.

It was such a weird memory of Ricks College (17 years ago!!)

I totally had a crush on him and watched him all the time.

He was always kind to other people and always showed respect.
He spoke kindly of other people and went out of his way to help others.
He joked around and had a lot of fun but he was never inappropriate.
He said the prayer before class started and even that simple prayer was powerful.
He was very good looking and I was very attracted to him!

He still has those qualities (and many more great ones) and I'm so lucky to be married to him.

In fact, tomorrow is our 17th anniversary!

Unfortunately we won't be spending it together but we will celebrate the next day.

Really, every day is a celebration when you're with your perfect match!!

Tonight will be our concert and I have loved playing with my family!
Patriotic music is my favorite. It means a lot to me.
Music is such an amazing way to express feelings without words!!


good things:
celebrating our country
Dave's sister is coming for the weekend from Washington DC
as fun as it has been I'm grateful for no more weekly rehearsals!

3 comments:

Marley Family said...

How wonderful that you were able to play together again! Happy 17 years to you!

Unknown said...

I went to that concert last night...it was great! How fun for you to be able to play with your family.

Heidi said...

It was neat to watch all of you perform last night in such an inspiring program. It made me think of our high school orchestra days. I also love your thought about every day being a celebration when you're with your perfect match. I feel so blessed to have found mine... even though it took me a few more years than you.