Saturday, July 30, 2011

thoughts on Saturday morning

1. Yesterday I loaded my girls up and we headed to Wal-Mart with our lists to get school supplies.

It's a yearly tradition.....one that usually costs more than we plan ($163 this year to be exact).

But it's fun.

I don't know what is so great about new pencils, erasers, folders and paper - but it's always exciting.

Some of my kids are anxious for the new school year, some are dreading it, and some are just enjoying summer but will enjoy when school is in session again also (love those positive attitudes).

2. For some reason my pregnancy is actually enjoyable now.

It may be that since I started taking pepcid my heartburn is something I can deal with.

It may be that some of the techniques my midwife gave me are working on my swollen feet, hands and other places.

It may just be that I'm realizing that it's coming to an end soon and I will miss having a little one inside me. This will (most likely) be the last time I ever feel that.

It may also be that I have great kids who help so much around the house and take good care of their mama!

3. Last night was my favorite night of the week - date night.

We went shopping for new suits, got some yummy food (Dave's turn to pick the place), and then we always end the night at Wal-Mart. We came home to watch a few home videos from 10 years ago.

So funny!

Best thing in the world is hanging out with my best friend.

I love that he opens doors for me, that he always has a hard time choosing what to eat at a restaurant, that he always wants to spend time with me over anyone else, that he lets me sit in the comfy chair in our room while we watch a movie and he sits in the hard chair, that he calls me almost every day just to say hi (sometimes more than once), and that we always have plenty to talk and laugh about even when we aren't discussing any of the kids.


good things:
Corina's zucchini bread for breakfast
finishing a really good, thought-provoking book
peanut m & m's

No comments: