Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend


Two of my very favorite weekends every year are when conference rolls around.

Each of my kids has a special conference binder that they add to every 6 months.

It's fun to look back at their pages from years past.

One of the best things about it is that we get to have church in our jammies.

All my kids gather for all 4 sessions on my bed, and (some more than others) listen to our church leaders.

We always have lots of sugar cereal (more about that here), and since we NEVER ever buy it we all look forward to it!

This year I made a yummy breakfast casserole Saturday night to pop in the oven Sunday morning.

It was perfect!

We all had time to reflect, renew goals, feel the spirit, enjoy time together, listen to inspired speakers, sing, learn, and to become better.

Looking forward to April!


good things:
my family
my faith
a living prophet 

2 comments:

Nathan and Shanna said...

I love both these times as well! Wasn't it an amazing conference!?! Thank you for sharing!

Heidi said...

I love Conference too! I'm just curious what you put in the binders. Do you have conference activities for the younger kids or do they just draw/ take notes?