Saturday, July 18, 2015

quiver full

I remember being a little girl and lining all my babies up on the couch.
I was so proud of them all.

I loved to comb their hair and put cute clothes on them to prepare them for the day.
I had special names for them all, and I truly believed they felt sad when I didn't play with them (thanks to my mom for reading The Velveteen Rabbit to me!).

I always wanted lots of kids when I was grown up.

Sometimes lately I wonder what in the world I was thinking having so many kids.

It's hard to keep up with all their activities, and sometimes I feel guilty that I can't possibly give each of them my complete attention all the time.  I get overwhelmed with all of their needs, and sometimes I just want to run and hide my head!

But most of the time I look at my "quiver full" of children and I'm overcome with how blessed I am.

I have 10 beautiful, talented, unique, intelligent, kind, and good kids.

They are fiercely loyal to their family and if you ask any of them they'll tell you how much they have loved growing up in a big family.

There are some struggles, and they do have to sacrifice sometimes -- but because they love each other and because they have learned the value of hard work and what's important they do it willingly.

I can't express enough how blessed I feel to be the mother of such children.

I know each one of them was chosen to be mine, and I am so privileged to be their guide for a few short years.  




on a hike

my birthday -- reading all the sweet cards from my babies :)

cutest boy!!
good things:
perspective
feeling so happy
115 days

1 comment:

Kassie said...

All I can say is amen! It's a great life, isn't it?